Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Should’ve flown today!

Feeling so down. Today we should’ve flown to Florida. 😩 instead I spent the day at work sitting in boring meetings and my annoying work colleagues irritating the hell out of me 😡. Doesn’t help that it literally hasn’t stopped raining all day so that hasn’t helped my mood. It’s always such a good feeling getting on the plane when it’s raining knowing you’re off to sunnier climates (apart from the storms). So yep I’m feeling utterly depressed and feel like I have absolutely nothing to look forward to apart from the kids going back to school in 3 weeks 🥳🥳. I suppose one bonus is I won’t have the awful going back to work blues in 2 weeks!
Old 19 Aug 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know the feeling. We should’ve been in Magic Kingdom today doing extra magic hours and having dinner at skippers canteen. ☹️

On the upside we are in the middle of getting our new windows putting in. It’s only needed doing for the 13 years we’ve lived here! 👏

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

It has hit me a bit today, we should have been flying out tomorrow, I should have been packing and getting everything ready

We do have something to look forward to as we are going to Center Parcs on Friday
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It is a bummer isn't it. We were due to fly out on 10th September so I've booked the day off work and ordered loads of american snacks and drinks online for our "not going away party".

We are going to wear our park clothes (shorts, disney vests and caps), and watch Disney movies and YouTube videos of rides and snacks etc 😁

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
It is a bummer isn't it. We were due to fly out on 10th September so I've booked the day off work and ordered loads of american snacks and drinks online for our "not going away party".

We are going to wear our park clothes (shorts, disney vests and caps), and watch Disney movies and YouTube videos of rides and snacks etc 😁
WOW this is a great idea 💕🇺🇸Maybe you can post pics on the 10th to make us all jealous of your US snacks 😋😋
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Yep, same here. Taxi would have picked us up 4 minutes ago to take us to the Premier Inn Gatwick where I would have been surprising my family with Upper Class tickets on VA's 747. Gosh hasn't a lot changed in such a short space of time...

On the upside I'm instead waiting to hear on ROFR for our first DVC contract - silver linings and all that!
Old 19 Aug 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
WOW this is a great idea 💕🇺🇸Maybe you can post pics on the 10th to make us all jealous of your US snacks 😋😋
Haha I will ! Anything to stave off the sadness, we saved up solidly for 2 years to go 😪 used candy mail UK for the snacks do will report back what they are like 🙂

Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I posted elsewhere commenting on just how sad I was on Monday when we should have flown. Much worse than I’d imagined (worse things happen I know but this just added a bit of guilt to my misery &#128563
Great idea about the party, hope you enjoy it
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I posted elsewhere commenting on just how sad I was on Monday when we should have flown. Much worse than I’d imagined (worse things happen I know but this just added a bit of guilt to my misery &#128563
Great idea about the party, hope you enjoy it
Thank you ! You feel guilty don't you when folk are going through such hardship but non disney addicts don't understand the devastation ! Imagine a Dibb Disney party 👏👏

Old 19 Aug 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We should have been on our way today too 😕 .
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List