Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Sep 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Worried about DH

On Monday this week he started to have a bit of pain and discomfort in his upper abdomen or lower stomach, not sure which. By the middle of the evening we had to go to A&E but nothing came of that. Not even painkillers, although to be fair DH had taken co-codamol which hadn’t done a thing. He was sent home with an instruction to get in touch with his GP the following morning. So two days later GP rang and gave him an appointment for a blood test on Wednesday of next week! I think this might be something do with the fact that both his sisters had bowel cancer. I don’t think this is cancer.

DHs pain has subsided a bit but his stomach is still uncomfortable. Doing anything at all, even showering, knocks the stuffing out of him and he spends a lot of the day lying down snoozing. He doesn’t feel like eating and has had nearly nothing. I really thought on Monday that it would probably be all over by now. I feel so sorry for him.

Has anybody you know had anything similar?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Has he any other gastric symptoms like high temperature, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation?

The first place my head goes is to some kind of GI infection.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The bloods will tell a lot. Hang in there till you get those results. Hopefully he improves soon x
Old 4 Sep 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My dad has something similar a few years ago, got it checked out by his GP, it was treated and a week or so later he was much better.

I didn't want to read and run, however, it's really easy to jump to conclusions or self-diagnose based on other peoples symptoms. You're definitely doing the right thing by contacting the GP and getting bloods done. I understand it's frustrating to wait for tests and results but by asking a forum you'll probably end up worrying more.

Hope he feels better soon.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Has he any other gastric symptoms like high temperature, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation?

The first place my head goes is to some kind of GI infection.
Nothing, which is strange to me.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had pain under breastbone which even after the worst had subsidised left me in pain moving. I didn't loose my appetite though or feel extra tired, just uncomfortable when moving like id broken ribs but not had a bump. Dr diagnosed as stomach ulcer. Hope your husband gets a diagnosis and is feeling better soon.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I hope you husband feels better soon
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Finally, he seems to be getting better this evening. He has eaten a tiny bit of dinner and a biscuit and enjoyed both. Such an improvement. Phew!

Edited at 09:03 PM.
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Finally, he seems to be getting better this evening. He has eaten a tiny bit if dinner and a biscuit and enjoyed both. Such an improvement. Phew!
So pleased to hear that Jan

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Does he feel an ache or discomfort in his upper back, centre/left hand side ? If so could be a gall bladder problem.

Or, another problem close to my heart - could he be badly constipated ? (Sorry but it can be an issue for some people 🙄 ).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List