Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Nov 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Deep Fat Fryer

I love my Mum's homemade chips, and now I've got a bigger kitchen in my new house, I want to buy a fryer.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I want one which is easy to clean!

Also, what is the best oil to use for frying, predominantly, chips?
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Try looking at the Tefal Actifry. I use ours loads. Really good for chips and roast potatoes. The chips taste great and are healthier
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandevillepete View Post
Try looking at the Tefal Actifry. I use ours loads. Really good for chips and roast potatoes. The chips taste great and are healthier
I’ve already got an Airfryer. I specifically want a deep fat fryer.
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
foodie53
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We have a delonghi FS 6055 it’s fantastic we think had it a year. We use crisp and dry oil - it’s a good size and I would say could do chips for family of four. Onion rings and chips are outstanding. Easy to clean and looks good.
foodie53 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

You can't beat proper homemade chips in a deep fat fryer, a chip is not a chip unless it's deep fried. Enjoy OP whatever you buy 👍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

My mum has a chip pan with lard. Nothing else comes close.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Ground nut oil. It heats up hotter without burning. It's more expensive but its the best!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
My mum has a chip pan with lard. Nothing else comes close.
Can’t beat a good old chip pan, I've tried deep fat fryers in the past but they just weren't the same, I remember as a kid when my mum cooked chips waiting for the lard to melt, took ages

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

I’ve just got a deep fat fryer. It’s only a cheapy from Sainsburys Tefal I think but my god what a difference. I had an actifryer but just didn’t like the way the chips tasted in it and we all hate oven chips. I either use crisp and dry oil or just Tesco’s own vegetable oil. Either way it’s miles better!
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have a Tefal deep fat fryer - very good - you can set different temperatures and it fillers the oil so you can re use it. It’s also really easy to clean as most of it comes apart and goes in the dishwasher.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List