Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinkie1983 View Post
I would say I'm hopeful for April but not totally confident.
I keep telling myself, someone has to be the first to go back. Why not us?
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Really hoping it goes ahead and it could well just fall into place on time - with a bit of luck! I managed to move our indirect flights to direct flights (Only 1700 for the 4 of us!). I highly doubt I'll get anything like that if I rebook again.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

I've not booked any tickets, I haven't really had time to look into this but I should !
We've been told to prepare for vaccinations in December (nhs) so that makes me feel more optimistic.
DisneyMemories is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
I've not booked any tickets, I haven't really had time to look into this but I should !
We've been told to prepare for vaccinations in December (nhs) so that makes me feel more optimistic.
I keep feeling like this about accomodation - I havent even looked into it but hopefully we'll find something if the trip starts to look more likely
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

We’ve cancelled end of May already and rebooked. I like all your optimism but vaccines will only start in a few weeks, apparently over 65,s may be done by Easter assuming everything goes to plan. And that’s just the UK. Looking at the mess in the states I cannot see improvement anytime soon plus I’d never go back if I have to wear a mask. Hopefully I’m proven wrong...
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
We’ve cancelled end of May already and rebooked. I like all your optimism but vaccines will only start in a few weeks, apparently over 65,s may be done by Easter assuming everything goes to plan. And that’s just the UK. Looking at the mess in the states I cannot see improvement anytime soon plus I’d never go back if I have to wear a mask.
Hopefully I’m proven wrong...
Unfortunately I have to say I agree with you. I had moved everything from this year to May 21 and I’m now in the process of moving to May 2022.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairyloveheart
Earning More Ears

We moved ours to end August - didn’t want to but just felt to anxious. We had Thomas Cook cancellation, then April 2020 cancellation so moved to April 2021 and then just couldn’t relax so moved to August to give us a better chance!

Booked for April 2020!
Fairyloveheart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Current timelines are based on a number of variables that everyone in the U.K. who wants a vaccine will have had one by spring or I guess the end of April.

This is based on supplies of the Pfizer vaccine. If the Oxford one is just as effective as those then that timeline might actually shorten. They only need to vaccinate 60% of the population to halt the spread and reach herd immunity. I’m not sure there’s a need to vaccinate anyone under 18 once the vulnerable have had theirs.

330m in the us, if there’s 3 vaccines on the go by jan it’s reasonable to expect 40-50m to be given a month (including the second booster shot) so by May they should be seeing the herd immunity threshold hit, case numbers plummeting and more importantly hospitalisations and deaths plummeting.

I’m thinking by 1st June it will be reduced social distancing and only masks in busy indoor places in Disney and florida.

I’m probably being over positive but realistically if you vaccine everyone over 50 and those under 50 who are more susceptible then the numbers come down to levels of other illnesses we currently live with.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

We are playing chicken with our booking and waiting as long as possible. I think i'd be gutted if i changed it prematurely and the borders were open next spring.

If by around mid march it looks like it won't happen, we'll change to August.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

In this never ending rollercoaster of uncertainty, I just read this:

"Sir John Bell, a member of the government's vaccine taskforce, has said the latest news on vaccinations made him "more confident" life could return to normal by April 2021."

'By' April. Feeling optimistic again (for now!). 😁
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List