Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Aug 09, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

she, he and i go mad in orlando - day 13:Magic Kingdom

Our last full day . Katy had been desperate for a sleepover, so i woke up having slept in her room at about 8.30. As the weather had been unkind duting the middle of the holiday, we hadn't yet seen a parade, so that was the plan for today. After a morning of packing and laundry, we set off for the Magic Kingdom, arriving at midday.

We enjoyed a slow walk up main street and as Katy was having blister issues, we called into the first aid centre for plasters. Another must do was Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip which was worth the 10 minute queue.

We walked back across the hub and into fantasyland, as we had decided one final 'must-do' was Philharmagic, our favourite show of the trip.

On the way over we were delighted to see that Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters were in session. We waited for Katy to meet them for about 15 minutes, they certainly didn't disappoint! As Katy approached, Lady Tremaine looked down her nose at her and said 'oh, look. Another ginger one!' Katy thought it was great.

We were in the line for Philharmagic when a group of saxophonists came into the waiting room and played for us. After the show, we went into Pinocchios Village Haus for lunch - I can't remember what we ate apart from Katy, who had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

We went back to the hub for the parade and got a spot on the kerb. it was so hot!

The parade was lovely, we all enjoyed it.

Old 19 Aug 09, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

I really like this one:

Captain Hook tried to shake Katy's hand but she got scared, so he kissed my hand instead, which she found really funny.

And that was it. All over. Right on cue the heavens opened.

To console ourselves we looked in the shops on the way out and bought a sackful of souvenirs. Then it was time to say goodbye to the magic kingdom.

We drove back to the villa and had a swim and a chill before heading out for the evening. First stop was Wallmart for candy and other bits and pieces, then we whizzed up the 27 to Posner park, so I could have a quick look in target, where I nabbed a couple of T-shirts. For dinner, we decided to stick to tradition and went to Mannys for the 5th time. Steaks and salads all round as usual. We headed home and after Katy had gone to bed we tried to finish the packing. The bag we had already bought wasn't going to do, so we did what we could, then went to bed with plans for a return trip to Wallmart in the morning for another bag.
Old 19 Aug 09, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonkll
Dibbing with Tink

sharonkll's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing your fab experience with us.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your journals.

thanks again
xxxx

Disney AKL, Disney Boardwalk, Disney Polynesian
Disney Pop Century, Disney Port Orleans, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific, The Renaisssance
& lots more off site hotels and villas, too many to mention!
sharonkll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

thanks for sharing

really enjoyed your trippies, glad you had a great time
Old 19 Aug 09, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

you have got some fab piccies there
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
WOW those pictures of the parade are stunning what a lovely last day at the MK.
Old 20 Aug 09, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Great photos we just got the tail end of the celabrate parade but like you its was a hot day for us too and i dont think we could have stuck it out for the full parade (90 odd degrees with about the same % of humidity! ) but the few mins we got was great. I have to laugh as i am on a break from packing up so glass of wine and a dibb! ) and i brought out 2 empty cases and have had a job closing them - opps!

Great day thanks for sharing.

karen x
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A lovely way to spend your last day. Lol at having to buy a new bag, we have had to do that a couple of time as well

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
a great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List