Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 09, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Well its our 21st anniversary and hope she dont get mad!

Hope she wont go mad!

I couldnt post it before until now because she comes on as well and would see

I get a bit of bonus every month which i save for odds and sods, well its our anniversary today 20th and I have bought her a trip to...

Discovery cove!

And wanted to do something different for this visit as weve already done the baloon trip, parks and general touristy things, ok doing the parks and that again

She has always wanted to get close to a dolphin, but always begruged paying the prices that DC was offering, so saw a a chance to get some discount and finally did it and booked for 17th september.

Now I didnt buy a card, but got a photo of a Dolphin and put a bit of text making like an invitation card and have printed the e-ticket out and put it in like a card envelope

found out she hasnt bought me anything not even a card oh well

Anyway, I know there are few threads on DC, but need to clarify...

Someone mentioned aqua shoes in DC...How much are they?

She is a fussy eater and wondered what sort of snacks are laid on throughout the day?

And suncream they supply, it says complimentry which conjurs an image of a small sachet for some reason is there enough to last you all day especially being in and out of water being 2 of you?

I am not a swimmer and tbh cant swim, but sent an email to DC guest relations and they tell me they will provide floatation device should i go into deeper water, i know i could do the shallow side so I am looking forward to it more now.

Anything else you can share may help in planning this day

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Aww aren't you awesome.

The suncream was fine for me, it is a sachet but its quite thick and i'm sure if you asked for more they would oblige. I actually wore a rash vest at DC and the Waterparks, the one i have is totally sun proof so no suncream really needed on the parts is covers.
If u want even more flotation put on the wet suit. it's hard to sink in one.
I am a very fussy eater and i found the food fabby. There are children go so they cater for them too which was a bonus.

You never know she might have surprised you too?

Anywho u will get your gift in her reaction on the day
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
not really as im doing it for the first time this December. PM PrincesPloppy or its it Poppy lol, she as been loads and has been a great help to me and others.

The cream is dolphin friendly thats why your not supposed to bring your own and they supply it. I have heard that if you need more you can buy some ?

Anyway just want to say what a fantastic surprise ! She will be so happy, well done.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sparks1
Apprentice Imagineer

Wish my hubby would think of something as romantic and sweet as this! You are the man of my dreams! lol

Hope you both have a fantastic time
sparks1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

what a lovely thing to do, my DH would never do anything like that for me, oh well who knows time will tell, this year we were there for our 10th aniversary, not a card or pressie, I brought a lovely card all the way from Scotland to give to him, so I will show him this thread to spur his imagination on
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Thats a lovely supprise well done you!

We went in May : we diddnt use shoes but watch your legs in the tropical pool (I caught my legs) it is only a little sachet of suncream but we diddnt use it as iy was overcast so bought it home...you can buy it there or take some of your own(they diddnt mention to us that we couldnt use our own).

Snacks are crisps, buiscits and pretzels, ice cream and slushes.

The flotation divices are very good! Big lifevests my ds was very confident in his but wear a t-shirt as the vests rub your arms. The shallow bit of the tropical pool is around the edge. Have a wonderful time it is a fantastic day!

hth Sarah x
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm sorry i can't help about the DC questions as we haven't been yet, i would like to say what a fabulous anniversary gift, i really hope you have a fabulous day when you get there.
Old 20 Aug 09, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I know you cant take your own cameras to the dolphin swim, but can you take them to use say in the lazy river and lagoons ect we have a special underwater case for ours and wondered
Old 20 Aug 09, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post

I went to DC and I can't swim. Wore the flotation device but only did the shallower swim ,great experience. The suncream they gave us was Panama Jack in a sachet but they sell bottles at silly prices,but buy it outside much cheaper. You can use your camera other than with the Dolphins.
Old 20 Aug 09, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I did the dolphin swim and the next time will wear the aqua shoes, you can get them from tescos, or walmart in florida not to dear to buy, you can take your camera every where in dc apart from the dolphin swim. What a nice pressie for your dw, I am sure she will be pleased.

Happy anniversary
Hope you enjoy DC

Julie
Closed Thread