Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Apr 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

have you had any problems swapping out the drink for a snack/dessert Vickie? Knowing my luck, i'll try it and be told no.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
have you had any problems swapping out the drink for a snack/dessert Vickie? Knowing my luck, i'll try it and be told no.
We've done it loads at our resort with no problems. Haven't tried in park restaurants though as we've wanted the drinks and I'm not too fussed about QS desserts. We use snack credits to get something yummy from elsewhere if we fancy a treat

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Very interesting reading about your food and garden eats, they all look and sound great. I'd love to try Izzy's fave dish.

Thanks for the picture from Trolley Car Cafe! Disappointed not to spot the red velvet cupcake but the 'peanut butter cupcake' looks suspiciously like the Butterfinger one and I'd always fancied that one too!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We've done it loads at our resort with no problems. Haven't tried in park restaurants though as we've wanted the drinks and I'm not too fussed about QS desserts. We use snack credits to get something yummy from elsewhere if we fancy a treat
yeah, if we were to do this it would be at our resort just thinking on stocking up on say croissants or cinnamon rolls to keep in the room haha
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

I've finally caught up with your food report. Made loads of notes ahead of our August trip. We have QSDP and never been on-site so this is really useful. The QS is far more flexible than I realised, which is great. Thanks so much for taking time out each day to post your updates. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Very interesting reading about your food and garden eats, they all look and sound great. I'd love to try Izzy's fave dish.

Thanks for the picture from Trolley Car Cafe! Disappointed not to spot the red velvet cupcake but the 'peanut butter cupcake' looks suspiciously like the Butterfinger one and I'd always fancied that one too!
the peanut butter cupcake is the butterfinger cupcake. I watched a Disney Food Blog vlog where they confirmed that. It's on my list for the summer!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 10 - Magic' Kingdom and Rainforest Café

Day 9 is now complete with the rest of our Epcot snacks.

Day 10 started with a quick breakfast in our room as we needed to get to Magic Kingdom to register for our Ant and Dec tickets and I wasn't sure what the queues would be like. So we had:

For lunch, we split up. Brodie and I went to Sleepy Hollow whilst Andy and Izzy went to Columbia Harbour House. We used 4QS credits and ordered:
Me & Brodie - Waffle with hazelnut chocolate (Nutella) and fruit. I got a bottle of water and Brodie had Nesquik chocolate milk.
Andy - Land and Sea Trio: Fried Shrimp, Chicken, and Fish with Coleslaw and French Fries, with a bottle of water.
Izzy: Battered Fish and Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Coleslaw and French Fries, with a bottle of water.

The waffles were delicious! I know there are quite a few fans of these on the Dibb, and they're still as good as I remember them
Andy's and Izzy's meals were big portions - easily enough for 3 people. Andy particular enjoyed the shrimp part of this combo and would happily have a plate of them on their own. The fish was good too, but the nuggets were a bit dry. Izzy didn't fancy shrimp today, declaring that she was 'all shrimped out'. She prefers a softer coating on her chicken (like McDonald's nuggets), so proceeded to pick the coating off and ate just the chicken. By the time she'd finished that and the fries, she didn't want the fish, so shared it with Andy and Brodie.

Between Ant and Dec and La Nouba we grabbed some snacks. I used 1QS credit and got:
Croissant for Izzy, crisps for me and a bottle of water to share.

Andy and Brodie used a couple of snack credits and got a cookie and brownie.

I'm not sure that there's really any need to put icing on a brownie. Andy said it made it a bit sweet and sickly.

We decided to go to Rainforest Café for dinner after La Nouba, but I was hungry so popped in to Wolfgang Puck Express at Westside and used a snack credit to pick up some crisps made specially for me

We used our Landry's card at Rainforest Café, and despite it being a busy Saturday night, we were seated in less than 5 minutes. We ordered:
Me - Rasta Pasta: Sautéed chicken, cavatappi pasta, walnut pesto, broccoli, red peppers, spinach, garlic Alfredo sauce.
Brodie - Rasta Pasta, but without the walnut pesto.
Andy - The Beastly Burger: Two patties, lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheese, topped with a fried onion ring, plus fries. He added bacon too.
Izzy - Flat Iron Steak, cooked medium rare: 10 oz. char-grilled, steak butter, red skinned mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables. We swapped the mash for fries and the 'seasonal vegetables' were... carrots! Makes a change from broccoli I suppose.

I had the rasta pasta the first time we ate here in 2014 and it was delicious, so I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I found it really bland this time, but was happy there were a lot of vegetables in it. If I'm honest, the create your own pasta at POR has so much more flavour for half the price and I'd pick that over this every day. Brodie enjoyed his, but agrees that the POR one is better.
Andy was very happy with his burger mountain and said the fries were really good too. Izzy ate every scrap of her meal. The steak was tender and cooked well and the carrots were a hit too. Funny how good something that we eat daily tastes when you've not had them for a while. Overall, it was an okay meal and I'm glad that we had $50 off. We had another surly waiter though The best waiter we had this holiday was the young lad at Outback. He was great and I'd happily have him serve us every time. I'm pleased I have him a bigger tip, as he deserved it more than either of the 2 Disney/Landry's ones did.

On the way back to our room we stopped in at the food court and used 1 QS credit to get some snacks:

We have 3.5 days left and still have 45 QS credits and 42 snack credits left!

Tomorrow - a bit up in the air as the only firm plan we have is Epcot for the evening.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 12:49 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Enjoying reading your food report. The food looks delish, and the lemonade with fresh strawberries... yum
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

your food report is amazing loving every minute of It, will be trying quite a few of the snacks yum yum enjoy the rest of your holidays

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fab updates! Wow you've loads of credits left! My kids would be ordering dozens of Micky icecreams.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List