Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
We are similar, currently with Octopus on a fixed rate that is ending soon. Currently paying £148pm (that’s for gas & elec combined). New quote is £210pm. Very worrying. Is it time to invest in a solar panel or something I wonder?
After I requested an update on my account (when they advised I was £150 in debit) this has now increased my last three payments to £165...

This morning I've just switched to Sainsburys energy, 2 year fixed for £160 per month. 12000 nectar points plus triple points when shopping at Sainsburys. Still an eye watering amount but better than the £215+ EDF wanted. Checking the unit prices, sainsburys are 6p cheaper on elec and 3p cheaper on the gas. Standing charges the same. No exit fees.

I'll still have to clear the amount I'm in debit but Id prefer to do that now than find out in Dec I'll have to pay over £200.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I've just done a quote on octopus and it's 50 month more eek. Will look at sainsburys I was with them at one point.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

So are People’s energy customers like me just sitting tight and waiting to see what happens?

I haven’t done anything since hearing they’ve gone bust (per the Martin Lewis recommendation earlier in the thread), but now wondering if I should be shopping around for a deal?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Will take a look at Sainsbury's thanks. I'm on variable rate with SSE, I currently pay £171 electric and £71 gas a month dreading what it will rise to 😢
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

My current deal as ended and my DD is going from

£165 a month to £250 a month.

Madness... but I have shopped around and that is the going rate. So have locked in on that for 2 years with a £70 exit fee if the situation changes.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I'm glad I managed to switch. I moved to octopus so hope they aren't in trouble. But I only have electric.
Avoid British gas evolve. I was autoswitched to them from British gas.
British gas evolve are pretty useless. The meter readings went up by over 2000 units when British gas closed my account to opening reading for bg evolve the next day. They are disputing this. Usless.

Edit: it's a system glitch caused by an estimated final reading 🙄 but taking far too much effort to sort out.

Edited at 11:37 AM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
I'm glad I managed to switch. I moved to octopus so hope they aren't in trouble. But I only have electric.
Avoid British gas evolve. I was autoswitched to them from British gas.
British gas evolve are pretty useless. The meter readings went up by over 2000 units when British gas closed my account to opening reading for bg evolve the next day. They are disputing this. Usless.
I think Octopus will be OK, Sainsbury not so sure - they could easily fold and you find yourself being transferred into say SSE with a huge hike. Interesting inert view on TV news last night from CEO Octopus saying they had already priced their options unlike other subsidiaries. Article in the Times expects another 10 companies to fold before year out ……..
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post

Madness... but I have shopped around and that is the going rate. So have locked in on that for 2 years with a £70 exit fee if the situation changes.
Wow, that’s £3000 a year 😮
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post

I guess the floor area of your house is over 3,000 sq ft.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I think Octopus will be OK, Sainsbury not so sure - they could easily fold and you find yourself being transferred into say SSE with a huge hike. Interesting inert view on TV news last night from CEO Octopus saying they had already priced their options unlike other subsidiaries. Article in the Times expects another 10 companies to fold before year out ……..
I hope you are right re octopus. The rate has already gone up 3p per unit from what I fixed at.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List