Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Sep 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Christmas Dinner - I-Drive/City Walk

Morning fellow Dibbers.

Whilst we're still a bit up in the air about whether we'll get away this Christmas, with the Bahama's stance on vaccination driving Disney Cruise Line's policy for all 12 - 18 year olds to be "fully vaccinated" (ie, two jabs) and our by then 15 y/o daughter only being single jabbed, we realise our place on the Merrytime Cruise is in jeopardy. (fingers crossed for a Bahama's policy change and a DCL response)

Obviously, Christmas Day at sea in the world of the Mouse would be awesome, but as a back-up, we've booked three nights refundable accommodation on I-Drive.
We have a week in Disney from the 27th, but we have live Universal tickets from the week before the cruise dates.

Any thoughts/recommendations on Christmas Day lunch/dinner, I-Drive or City Walk? The missus has pencilled in Toothsome, but open to other suggestions. I appreciate, we're not going to be getting a roast (that's more Thanksgiving over the Pond)
IndianaMac is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

I could see Jack's Place in the Rosen Plaza and Coopers Hawk at the corner of I-Drive and Sand Lake both having something special for Christmas.
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Apparently Gaylord Palms is excellent for Christmas lunch/dinner.
I’ve never been so can’t vouch for it but I’ve often seen it recommended.

I’m sure we usually see the sign near IDrive so I’ve assumed it’s nearby
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Apparently Gaylord Palms is excellent for Christmas lunch/dinner.
I’ve never been so can’t vouch for it but I’ve often seen it recommended.

I’m sure we usually see the sign near IDrive so I’ve assumed it’s nearby
International Drive is around 11 miles long and Gaylord Palms is indeed on I-drive at the junction with Osceola Parkway.

We had Christmas Day lunch at the Villa de Flora in GP back in 2010. Lovely location in the atrium with real alligators in the Everglades section. Massive buffet choice and really good quality. It cost us around $60 back then and it seems to have gone up a bit

Found this menu from last year but not sure if they are doing it this year.

modules.marriott/resourc...stmas-menu.pdf

We had to pay for parking so make sure you get your ticket stamped by the maitre'd to get it free.

Mick
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
International Drive is around 11 miles long and Gaylord Palms is indeed on I-drive at the junction with Osceola Parkway.

We had Christmas Day lunch at the Villa de Flora in GP back in 2010. Lovely location in the atrium with real alligators in the Everglades section. Massive buffet choice and really good quality. It cost us around $60 back then and it seems to have gone up a bit

We had to pay for parking so make sure you get your ticket stamped by the maitre'd to get it free.

Mick
That looks absolutely amazing! Almost worth flying to Orlando just for that 🤤
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Mick
Ah, yes! That’s exactly what I’ve seen reviewed before.
What a total bargain in comparison to on-site too! (which I I do still love I might add)

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mick
Their huge ICE exhibit is back on this year. That requires a seperate (expensive) ticket but the free stuff was worth seeing last year even when ICE was replaced with a Christmas Movie exhibit.

I don't know anything about the buffet this year but the lights etc in the atrium are incredible.
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Their huge ICE exhibit is back on this year. That requires a seperate (expensive) ticket but the free stuff was worth seeing last year even when ICE was replaced with a Christmas Movie exhibit.

I don't know anything about the buffet this year but the lights etc in the atrium are incredible.
Never done ICE but here's a poor photo in the atrium. I guess we ate a late lunch/early dinner so it wasn't quite dark enough.

Old 26 Sep 21, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Gaylord Palms atrium last year. The sheets of lights are moving images. The small Cirque de Soleil style show was excellent too. It does have to be booked and isn't free.

Old 19 Oct 21, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I stayed in the hotel one year over Thanksgiving and the room was OK but the buffet meal at Villa de Flora was truly one of the worst I have ever had in all the time I have been in Florida.

Rosen Shingle Creek for Thanksgiving was so much better but with all things it can change.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List