Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Sep 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
willssv
Excited about Disney

I'm struggling with Car hire. Just toying with quotes and I can get 2 weeks for £510 or £1300 depending on picking my car up at locations 10 miles apart.

I would much rather pick up from the airport so will wait until this ludicrous situation sorts itself out.
willssv is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’ve been looking into this following this thread, I was pricing up for next May and it is indeed cheaper picking up offsite from Mco rather than Mco itself, will save me around £300 collecting from a universal hotel rather than Mco
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks to the OP for this thread.

Booked a full size car plus the additional insurance direct with Avis.

Pick up MCO return to MCO (14 days) = £1171

Pick up the day after we arrive at Loewes royal Pacific and return to MCO (13 days) = £548

A significant saving with only an Uber to pay from the airport to our hotel on idrive and then from our hotel to Loewes to pick up the car the next day.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Thanks for this. Just booked via Avis for a Hard Rock pick up for 13 days at £433. This is a full size, normally would have a large SUV but can't justify the extra cost. Added bonus of free cancellation in case prices from MCO do come down nearer the time.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
VivienCampbell
Trying for More Ears

Hey guys, thank you for this information. I was getting quotes of £1100 collecting at the airport and dropping off at the airport but by collecting it elsewhere and dropping it off at the airport is saving me about £600! ☺️🤯
VivienCampbell is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this looking for FEB Andy's site 576£ for MCO and 247£ for hard rock.

Old 26 Sep 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Does the Hard Rock Universal have a large selection of cars. Hotels often have a small number. Just thinking of availability of the right car.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Does the Hard Rock Universal have a large selection of cars. Hotels often have a small number. Just thinking of availability of the right car.
The first and only time we picked up a car from a hotel there was a choice. Take it or leave it!

Since then we've picked up at the Disney Car Centre, the car is still allocated but there are usually others you can change to if you don't like what you've been allocated.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
The first and only time we picked up a car from a hotel there was a choice. Take it or leave it!

Since then we've picked up at the Disney Car Centre, the car is still allocated but there are usually others you can change to if you don't like what you've been allocated.
If you get a “dud” I’m confident you might find it pulling to the right or an intermittent engine warning light quite quickly! Pop along to MCO with such “issues” for a swap. 😉
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for the info on here, i’ve managed to book a package with BA picking up the car a day later from Cabana Bay and saved a fortune!

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List