Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Oct 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
No sunbed wars, recommendations

I have asked on another thread about possibly going to Tenerife next year. However, I'm sure I read a post on here somewhere about a resort in Cyprus where you get your sunbeds on the first day and they are yours until your holiday ends. I've searched and can't find it now . Any ideas?

Also we may now have to go around 8th July so any recommendations on a destination would be great. Not turkey or Balearic Islands though.

Thank you
Old 2 Oct 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Ooo would be interested in this as well
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

This used to be the case at the Alexander the Great hotel in paphos. Not sure if it’s still the same but it was very appealing!

I hate sunbed wars, never set an alarm on holiday. The best way to avoid it is a Villa! We’ve been to some lovely ones and it’s so nice to always have the pool and sun loungers available. You can move them to the sun, to the shade and not be worried about anyone else!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

The Sunrise Beach Hotel in Protaras I believe does this, well they did a few years ago anyway.

When looking at hotels id always see if they have any swim up rooms available, have done one in Croatia and Cyprus and they really are a game changer, so nice to be able to walk out your room to your own sun beds and have the privacy of a pool shared by a handful of rooms.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
The Sunrise Beach Hotel in Protaras I believe does this, well they did a few years ago anyway.

When looking at hotels id always see if they have any swim up rooms available, have done one in Croatia and Cyprus and they really are a game changer, so nice to be able to walk out your room to your own sun beds and have the privacy of a pool shared by a handful of rooms.
We have a swim up room booked for Turkey in October next year. I might see if there is similar elsewhere for the summer, without breaking the bank 😂.
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I was going to suggest a swim up room with loungers on the terrace. We went to a gorgeous hotel in Turkey last year and the pool was lagoon style so everyone could get directly from their swim-up to the pool bar. That was perfect! It was a TUI Sensatori hotel.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

What if you don't like the allocated sun beds or the direction your swim up patio faces?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
What if you don't like the allocated sun beds or the direction your swim up patio faces?
Do you mean me, personally l, or just in general?
Personally, it wouldn't be a massive deal for me, but if I really didn't like where they were, I'd ask for a change.

The hotel I seen mentioned in another thread, you pick your own sunbeds and they're yours until the end of your holiday. You could also change location during your stay as long as you let whoever deals with it know.
Old 3 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
Do you mean me, personally l, or just in general?
Personally, it wouldn't be a massive deal for me, but if I really didn't like where they were, I'd ask for a change.

The hotel I seen mentioned in another thread, you pick your own sunbeds and they're yours until the end of your holiday. You could also change location during your stay as long as you let whoever deals with it know.

Thank you.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashcole
Getting Excited

The Amavi hotel in Paphos allocates sun beds. We are due to stay there in December, not sure we’ll need sun beds at that time of year!