Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

The cheapest. On that account it has been BA the past 5 flights
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Always the cheapest. Both are pretty good options but at the end of the day it’s just a big tube with wings. I see a flight as a means of getting where I need to go and that’s about it to be honest.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
the cheapest, but if prices comparable then I will add airport hotel or car hire if the price is right and book BA for the deposit payment
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sakiki
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Cheapest every time which always is BA, we usually do a package
£110 is a meal out that’s the way I see it 🍝🌮
Or some dollars for the Outlet 🛍🎁💰
At the end of the day it’s a seat to get you to your happy place why pay extra
I do understand your point. DW and I look at it differently, though - it may just be a seat to get to our happy place, but it’s also 9 1/2 hours or more of being stuck in our seats and not being able to move about much! We flew the cheapest we could find when we made our first trips back in the late 1990s but we finally decided we wouldn’t fly long haul in economy ever again - and didn’t go back for 15 years because we had other needs for the money. We kept tucking some away, though, and our last few trips, since November 2016, have been in Virgin Upper and now we wouldn’t fly long haul any other way. We save hard for our stateside holidays and part of that is arriving in as unstressed condition as possible, particularly now that since 9/11 we have to put up with all the ‘security theatre’ at the airport and of course going forward whatever Covid protocols may be in force when we fly next…
sakiki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Which ever is cheaper for our dates & the duration/airports we want. No loyalty when it comes to my money!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LP7
Dancing with Tink'

Flew with both a number of times and as others have stated, I always pick the cheapest/best deal at the time.

Never had an experience to really prefer one over the other so always comes down to cost and convenience for me!
LP7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

Prefer BA because although may be more expensive it's been our experience to never have working entertainment on Virgin flights in either direction. So much so we ensure we have programmes downloaded to an iPad. We have also experienced them.running out of soft drinks and a failure to receive pre-booked special meals despite asking when boarding and identifying ourselves, reason given they have not been loaded. Despite the extra cost it is less stressful to use BA.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

It could be car hire pushing up price. Have you tried to price up your car hire seperately through Andy at DFCH, and looking at BA custom trip, with flight and say a cheap one night hotel?

For us we go with whoever gives us decent flight times and price. All other is much the same food/tv wise etc.

I do find BA special assistance better though if that is maybe a deal decider!
Old 11 Oct 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure who flies Virgin anymore! Last few holidays we have spent weeks checking flights watching them fluctuate but BA were always cheaper for us as a flydrive or just flights.

Just booked, BA Miami was cheapest then BA Tampa, then BA Orlando (which was very expensive) finally Virgin Orlando. Because this never changed we never even checked Virgin Miami prices.

Maybe Virgin are more competitive with hotels.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I haven't flown BA long haul in a long time, back then it wasn't great, IFE was broken on the way back and we just got a few vouchers that we never ended up using as a sorry. We also hit some quite bad turbulence on the way and were offered no snacks inbetween the main food service and landing. Hopefully they have improved since then or that was just a one off, as I am looking to book with them this very shortly for next year. Whereas I have flown virgin a good few times and would say it was one of the best long haul economy flights, and the crew were excellent.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List