Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 3

Day 3

Wake at 7.30am with Edith and give her a bath to let Aaron sleep a bit, he’s awake by the time we finish so we all have breakfast together. We got ready to head to Disney and were in the car by 10am on the way to Hollywood Studios.

We paid the $25 parking which gets more and more annoying as the holiday goes on & enter the park with no major queues.

Once in the park, we head over to meet Olaf as I felt like we should try some characters with Edith. In the queue she was singing ‘Let it Go’ over and over and from a distance she was saying Olaf & waving but then when it was her turn and we got up close she freaked out. We had to position ourselves between her and Olaf to get her happy and looking at the camera.

Aaron and Laura rode Startours next with a FP while I sat and had a frozen lemonade with Edith to cool us both down.

In Galaxy’s Edge next where we were meeting Jon & Lisa for drinks at Oga’s. Aaron grabbed himself a drink while I had some photopass photos taken.

I’ll admit now that I have never seen Starwars but this area blew me away. It might have been because it was lovely & quiet but it just seemed so calming and relaxed compared to other areas of the park. We found Jon and Lisa and had some group photos taken before heading to Oga’s.

We opted to wait for a table seat for Laura but it was still only about 10 minutes until we were in & seated. The girls spent the time trying to climb the walls!

We were sharing a large table with another 4 adults which had just had their drinks delivered, they all looked fab. The atmosphere in here is great, very low light and the smoking / foaming drinks are all good fun.

We all ordered drinks and had to laugh when Aarons came as it was absolutely diddy. The others at the table laughed too as his face was a picture when he got given it. The waiter assured him that it was small but mighty and after having a quick taste I agreed, pure liquor! I had a smoking drink called a Bespin Fizz, Laura had a soft option with bao balls and Jon had the Yub Nub in a souvenir cup. We had another round with me changing to a soft drink and Aaron also ordered the Batuu bites that tasted a bit like Bombay Mix. Our bill came to a hefty $90+ but the experience was worth it.

Back into the park and Laura, Jon and I went single rider for Smugglers run, It was about a 5 minute wait and me and Jon actually got put on the same ride in the end. We were both engineers and it was all good fun. A great ride actually which I really enjoyed. Aaron had been happy to stay with Edith and when we came off the ride he messaged to say he was in ABC Commissionary getting some lunch. We arranged to meet Jon later again as he was meeting up with Lisa in Toy Story land.

Laura and I tried to find our way out of GE but managed to take the wrong exit and came out in Toy Story Land. That’s a shock to the system, from the mutely coloured Starwars area into the garish bright lights of Toy Story, not a very subtle transition. We walked around to get Aaron and found him and Edith still eating so we sat with them until they were finished.

We all walked back to Toy Story Land as we had TSM FP, Jon and Lisa were waiting near the queue for us. We all head on, Aaron went with Edith and Laura and I went together. I won as usual but apparently, Aaron couldn’t play properly because Edith was trying to escape. Yeah, yeah, excuses!

It was 2pm by now and Jon and Lisa head out of the park for a rest. We stayed for a bit and as I was peckish now, I grabbed the nacho loaded tots from Andy’s lunchbox. These were really good!

On our way out of TSL we grabbed Edith a light up Slinky Dog from one of the merchandise carts, we hoped he would keep her happy when we were in the park at night. Next up was the Frozen sing-along. Edith loved this back in May & we had high hopes she would again. We sat strategically this time so we would benefit from the ‘snow’. The show was great and Edith bopped along the whole way through getting especially excited when Let it Go started. She really does love that song!

After the show, we walked down towards Terror Tower but the queue was 45 minutes, a real shame as for once we would have been able to both ride. 25 mins is our firm maximum wait time though so we walked away. Laura and I rode Rock n Roller single rider as Aaron isn’t keen. It was a total walk on which was fab, we didn’t even have to watch the pre show! The ride was great as usual. Laura got her photo added to MDE but mine never showed up, probably not a bad thing!

We were running out of time in the park now as we had an ADR at Raglan Road in a couple of hours but we were enjoying HS for the first time in ages so we decided to have one more look in GE & Aaron wanted to ride Smugglers Run so he and I both went single rider while Laura watched Edith. We both got split onto different rides, I got engineer again but Aaron got a family that had ridden before & they gave him the pilot job so that was good! Once off the ride, we really did need to get moving so we head out of the park & home to freshen up. By the time we were back, we only had 45 minutes before we needed to leave so it was a bit of a rush.

The plan had been to order an UBERX with a car seat so we could all have a drink, but after 5 minutes the driver hadn’t moved and was still 10 minutes away so we jumped in the car & Aaron agreed to drive. We made it to Raglan Road 5 mins after our reservation time, met Jon & Lisa outside were seated straight away. There were 7 of us in total including the two girls but we got given a huge table that would have sat 14! It was good in a way as we could keep the girls in and they had enough room to play but conversation was hard when we were all so far away from each other.

We got given the delicious bread with Guinness syrup. So yummy! Jon ordered muscles to start so we ordered onion rings to snack on as the appetisers weren’t calling to us. I then had the burger, so did Jon, Laura had a chicken dish, Lisa had fish and chips and Aaron had the slow cooked beef. All the food was lovely. The girls both had chicken, Edith’s grilled with mash & Ceci’s fried with chicken. I had a couple of G&T’s and everyone else had soft drinks.

Jon & Lisa head off after dinner and we set off down to the live music area again. It was more mellow this time with no crazy Edith dancing but we still enjoyed listening to the guy singing. We head home at 10ish and were all in bed by 11.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

great day,and i love how you post really quickly when you get back x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great day; can't believe how much Star Wars stuff you managed to do with such short wait times.

I love Edith's themed dress

Never fancied Raglan Road but your food all looks delicious
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
great day,and i love how you post really quickly when you get back x
I have to do it while it's fresh in my mind

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another great day; can't believe how much Star Wars stuff you managed to do with such short wait times.

I love Edith's themed dress

Never fancied Raglan Road but your food all looks delicious
Raglan Road is excellent, really lovely food and a great atmosphere!

GE was so quiet, I couldn't get over it!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab day. Once again loving the girls outfits. Those nacho topped tater tots look lush!

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great day with lovely photos! Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land do look like they’re themed brilliantly.
I love Raglan Road, their Shepherds Pie is to die for!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab day. Once again loving the girls outfits. Those nacho topped tater tots look lush!
Oooh those tots were yummy!

The girls looked so cute, I was a bit upset though as I had Edith a SW Rey costume at home and I didn't pack it. I didn't realised Ceci had one too

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Great day with lovely photos! Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land do look like they’re themed brilliantly.
I love Raglan Road, their Shepherds Pie is to die for!
Both new lands are well themed but I'm not a fan at all of TSL, its very bright/brash and playground looking which I know is the point but it just doesn't feel relaxing to me. It's a suntrap too with no shade. In comparison, Galaxies Edge is beautiful so calm and cool with lots of shade & space. I'm not even a SW fan but I loved that place.
Old 25 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great day

Joan
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Great day at HS, can’t wait to see Galaxy’s Edge. The girls look so cute playing together, their outfits were fab. A nice evening at Raglan Road to finish off a lovely day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Another great day. How lovely that Edith has Ceci to play with on holiday.

Galaxy’s Edge looks amazing.