Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

My dd has been waiting for an op for a little while and we get the call on Thursday to say they can do it tomorrow so we have had to have pcr tests and isolate. Good job they are both going next weekend and not this! It means she will have to go with her stitches in and might have to come back for a follow up, but she really wanted to get it done before she started and now she will have so all good! Everything always happens at once doesn’t it!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Dropped my son at Plymouth Uni today. He looked rather relaxed. My wife was the one feeling the strain!

The School Student Ambassadors were absolutely superb in welcoming freshers, assisting, reassuring and also serving as porters to get him in and comfortable. A great start!

Dan in his new room.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
My daughter has just finished her 3rd year at Plymouth - she loved it there. Good luck to your son CFG.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
My daughter has just finished her 3rd year at Plymouth - she loved it there. Good luck to your son CFG.
That is very kind to tell me.. and also rather reassuring.

Thankyou!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

So DD is settled in. A few tears as we left (well actually I cried all the way home 🤦), but this is her chance to live her best life and I’m so proud of her, even if it’s hard to let go.

We are so lucky that she’s only an hour away and she has a friend from school staying in the same building and another about 10 minutes away, so I know she has a few friendly faces nearby to help if she has a wobble in the next few weeks. But I think she’s going to have an amazing time.

I’m glad it’s 3 years until the next one goes…..I think I will need that amount of time to recover. 😂😂😂😂

Hugs to all other parents out there who might be feeling like me right now, but let’s be proud of what our kids have achieved, especially after the last 18 months! X x x
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That is very kind to tell me.. and also rather reassuring.

Thankyou!
She was supposed to go to Cheltenham (think Hogwarts) and I was gutted when she ended up at Plymouth instead as to me Plymouth is a dump. But I can’t fault it - definitely ended up being the right place for her

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
She was supposed to go to Cheltenham (think Hogwarts) and I was gutted when she ended up at Plymouth instead as to me Plymouth is a dump. But I can’t fault it - definitely ended up being the right place for her
Plymouth has some very socially deprived areas and took a hammering during WW2, being largely rebuilt in concrete.
It is also a Navy Town and it is worth remembering that just three ships, Eagle, Ark and Hermes had a greater embarked crew than pretty much the whole embarked Royal Navy of today, split between Plymouth, Portsmouth and Rosyth.
It has seen some very hard times in the past 30 years as the Navy has shrunk beyond recognition in manpower..

The Barbican is still pretty special.. and Union Street… It is the home of some amazingly good times in years gone by (now it’s all derelict).

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Dropped my son at Plymouth Uni today. He looked rather relaxed. My wife was the one feeling the strain!

The School Student Ambassadors were absolutely superb in welcoming freshers, assisting, reassuring and also serving as porters to get him in and comfortable. A great start!

Dan in his new room.
💗💗 he looks so much older than my daughter 😆
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
💗💗 he looks so much older than my daughter 😆
He was 19 on 04 Sept. He is rather proud of his beard!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We left our daughter very happy last night in her room. Disaster this morning though 🙈

Small yet lovely en-suite
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List