Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

View Poll Results: Where should I stay?
Stay with the studio at Jambo 10 52.63%
Book a 1 Bedroom at Kidani 8 42.11%
Give up hope before you plan any more. 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Mar 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Which Room At AKV?

We have a split stay booked in September/October with 4 days at AKV from 22nd to 25th September. We're hedging our bets a little so we've booked a Club Concierge 1 bedroom, in case they're offering it again by then, and a Savannah View studio (we really want to see giraffes).

Since booking I started looking at the best studios and have now realised that I shouldn't have booked Jambo as the better animal views are at Kidani. Unfortunately, studios are no longer available for those dates but 1 bedrooms are. I've never stayed there before so I'm not sure what the best thing to do is. Would you keep the booking for Jambo house as the view is still good enough? Would you use the extra points for the 1 bedroom at Kidani? Would you not even worry about it as the chances of leaving the UK and being allowed to enter by September are almost non-existent? I've put in a waitlist just in case.

Any opinions welcome! Thanks

Edited to add: We will be staying in a 1 bedroom at BCV the week after so will be doing laundry and maybe some in room cooking then. We aren't intending to do that for this portion of the stay so we don't need those facilities.

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

We stayed at Jambo House in 2019 (booked last minute as our flight was cancelled due to the Hurricane)

We had lovely views of giraffes 🦒 we loved AKL, we visited Kidani and we were not as impressed with it as Jambo House.

I hope you manage to get your trip👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks very much! You reminded us just how much we love the feel of Jambo House and that amazing lobby, even if we haven't stayed there yet!

Edited at 10:42 PM.
Old 1 Mar 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We always stay at standard at Kidani, so I can’t help. However even if you stay at Jambo with Savannah view then use touring plans to review room views and request one that faces that Savannah.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We stayed in a SV at Jambo on a cash booking & TBH I can't remember any Giraffes! I also didn't think that our view was the best, 3rd floor & we were directly above one of those fenced pen things. Whilst it was nice sitting out for coffee/breakfast I'm not sure that the view made a lot of difference & IMO not worth the extra points IYKWIM Sometimes you can get lucky on a standard view, when we stayed at WL in 2019 we sat on our balcony every night & watched the fireworks.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Kidani - most defnintely. Kidani was our home resort before we had to sell ()... And unfortunately didn't get to stay enough...
Anyway, 1 bed was superb, we loved the view, the room, everything...
Old 2 Mar 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for your help everyone. It seems the 1 bedroom at Kidani is winning so far! The main issue I've heard about Jambo is that all the DVC rooms are on floor 5 so you're quite high above the animals, but Kidani is also 5 floors so it would be just my luck to book there and get the top floor! :-)
Old 2 Mar 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Don't know if this image has come through! But this is a level 1 room, view from balcony, to the right of this image is where the giraffes are housed - we could see them but not great!
To get the best view of them (and all the animals) I would highly recommend (if they still do!) the safari. It was brilliant. Wednesday the vulture was comical...! She was just hopping around following the vehicle... and annoying the giraffes...
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

I actually really like that view! :-)
Old 3 Mar 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The times we've stayed at Jambo have been in value rooms so we've not had a savannah view to compare with, but we've always had amazing views at Kidani SV. I love the 1 beds there also, drinking coffee on the balcony whilst watching the giraffes is one of my favourite WDW stay memories!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List