Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

Both our daughters' tests were negative, Prenetics have now approved them. Can finally relax a little bit, still have the LFTs to get through but been taking those twice a week and never had a positive result so hoping that will be the case at the terminal!

Anyone else finally feeling they can get into holiday mode for their cruise on Monday?

UKdisney have you had your results back yet?
elvertine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Just got back from our 3 night cruise. Boarding at Tilbury was a little bit chaotic. Out of the 4 different cruise we've done this summer (all different lines) I would say it was the least organised and the most hanging around.

For anyone else going, try and go to the loo just before you get to Tilbury, as the only toilets there before you get on the ship are grotty portaloos.

Had a great cruise, and in the main things were done well considering restrictions. There was a LOT of people not complying with mask wearing, which was disappointing. Shows were good, but I actually didn't think the singers were as good as usual which lessened my enjoyment (but I've seen them both before so it didn't matter too much). Did lots of trivia, Match Your Mate on the last night was hilarious as always.

Best thing for us was the service from the dining team and the way they dealt with gluten free food. It really was a level above any other line we've sailed, we were very impressed.

Was nice to have some family time with my adult kids and their partners (neither partner has ever been on a cruise before), although a bit weird for the kids as they've never sailed as adults before!

We had some beautiful weather, especially yesterday.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
poppie123
Excited about Disney

Also back from the 3 nights from Tilbury.
Completely agree about boarding being chaotic. Lots of teething problems and quite a few people were unable to log into Prenectics (no signal) which caused long queues.

We had an amazing time.. food was lovely and our servers were brilliant.

My Grandaughter absolutely loved kids club and was able to do 2 sessions yesterday. I took the opportunity to go to the Adult pool as the weather was glorious.😁

Would definitely go on another one.
poppie123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Padme View Post
Well the good news was that I wasn’t sea sick and we had an amazing time. Mother in law came too! Now today we caved and booked another two nights from Tilbury on 22 Sept. Just the two of us this time.
Glad you weren't sea sick Padme, we're also booked on the Tibury staycation on the 22nd.
Do you know if we can buy physical Disney gift cards on the cruise? I only have one (which is very much the worse for wear) and would like to transfer the dollars to one which I can actually use at Disneyworld when we go in February.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

For those of you that parked at the Tilbury Dock, how was the parking? Do you park up and keep your keys?
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
For those of you that parked at the Tilbury Dock, how was the parking? Do you park up and keep your keys?
That's right.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Just got back from our 3 night cruise. Boarding at Tilbury was a little bit chaotic. Out of the 4 different cruise we've done this summer (all different lines) I would say it was the least organised and the most hanging around.

For anyone else going, try and go to the loo just before you get to Tilbury, as the only toilets there before you get on the ship are grotty portaloos.

Had a great cruise, and in the main things were done well considering restrictions. There was a LOT of people not complying with mask wearing, which was disappointing. Shows were good, but I actually didn't think the singers were as good as usual which lessened my enjoyment (but I've seen them both before so it didn't matter too much). Did lots of trivia, Match Your Mate on the last night was hilarious as always.

Best thing for us was the service from the dining team and the way they dealt with gluten free food. It really was a level above any other line we've sailed, we were very impressed.

Was nice to have some family time with my adult kids and their partners (neither partner has ever been on a cruise before), although a bit weird for the kids as they've never sailed as adults before!

We had some beautiful weather, especially yesterday.
Pleased you had a lovely cruise, we had 3 nights and wished it was longer.

I complained on our cruise about people not complying with the mask wearing they sent a gift up to your stateroom the Cruise Director Anthony came to speak to us they said they would issue more messages especially in the theatres.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

We also were on the latest cruise. Agree the embarkation procedure was a pain and took us 2 hours after parking. Our luggage labels arrived after we left which added another delay. The merchandise was very disappointing. However yes the weather was amazing. Spent most of Thursday swimming in the adult pool sunbathing and in the hot tubs. So happy we purchased the unlimited photo package. Managed to get over 100 photos. And of course the restaurants were amazing.
Old 18 Sep 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
Pleased you had a lovely cruise, we had 3 nights and wished it was longer.

I complained on our cruise about people not complying with the mask wearing they sent a gift up to your stateroom the Cruise Director Anthony came to speak to us they said they would issue more messages especially in the theatres.
That's really good to know they took it seriously. I saw a couple of people not bothering to wear them. Sometimes I think it's misunderstanding the rules (I've seen some people say they can be removed while seated - it's actually while actively eating and drinking), or forgetting. But, there were definitely a few cases of people not bothering. That was even despite audible reminders.

Overall though, about 95% of people had them on when required 🙂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What’s this about luggage labels? I don’t think we’ve seen any reference to labels and we sail Monday?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List