Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Martin Lewis on the radio this morning and he seems to be in the camp not to fix just yet. It’s all a risk game.
His show starts on Thursday at 8pm or 830 pm itv. Where the show is going to explain the situation and options available.
Depending on the cap situation I may move onto the variable rate until things sort themselves out. Il wait to see what Martin advices.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We are with Igloo pay £184 PCM cheapest quote on comparison sites is £241 pcm
That's just about the same cost/comparison for us too - also with Igloo currently

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Martin Lewis on the radio this morning and he seems to be in the camp not to fix just yet. It’s all a risk game.
His show starts on Thursday at 8pm or 830 pm itv. Where the show is going to explain the situation and options available.
Depending on the cap situation I may move onto the variable rate until things sort themselves out. Il wait to see what Martin advices.
Hope he is right as that is what I am doing. May just move to Florida for the winter as the border restrictions ease.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
We were paying £115 pcm with Green Network Energy (who were brilliant BTW) but they went bust in January.

OFGEM appointment EDF as their replacement and it took them until recently to transfer over meaning I'm in debit for approx £300.

EDF increased the payment to £194 this month and £223 from next month. Luckily transferred over to a two year fixed tariff with EDF at the end of last month. Hopefully they will honour this.
There could be others like GEN who could go bust unfortunately.
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

So apparently we haven't been billed for gas since we moved... just checked our bill to see what rate we pay for gas. Gas isn't mentioned on it. Current provider says it's British Gas' fault.

Called British Gas, they can't find a gas account for our property.

We have a gas meter outside and gas central heating... I provided these details when we moved with our energy provider.

What do we do? 🙄 We've been paying by DD since we moved and assumed that included gas as we gave a meter reading!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
So apparently we haven't been billed for gas since we moved... just checked our bill to see what rate we pay for gas. Gas isn't mentioned on it. Current provider says it's British Gas' fault.

Called British Gas, they can't find a gas account for our property.

We have a gas meter outside and gas central heating... I provided these details when we moved with our energy provider.

What do we do? 🙄 We've been paying by DD since we moved and assumed that included gas as we gave a meter reading!
So how did you give the gas meter reading? on an online form?
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
So how did you give the gas meter reading? on an online form?
It's ages ago now, but it was a new build property. I rang up our supplier we had from the old place and said we'd moved. They took readings from both elec and gas meters (smart meters so that was the only manual reading), and confirmed dual fixed tariff. DD set up and happy days...

Then this bombshell. Well, basically free gas. But, i'm too honest to leave it like that. I expect we'll get a backdated bill at some point. I just don't understand how this could happen?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Am I missing something? Our gas/electricity is at a fixed price tariff till Sep 2022, the price per KW and whatever gas units are called hasn't changed, is it only those who haven't already got a fixed price tariff that are now paying more? I don't understand how the monthly payment can go up so much unless they are estimating how much energy people have been using and how much the price of electricity and gas units have gone up now.
We control how much we use by being careful, I'm guessing once our fixed tariff runs out next year it will hit us like a bullet ☹️
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I'm guessing once our fixed tariff runs out next year it will hit us like a bullet ☹️
or when your current supplier goes bust.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
It's ages ago now, but it was a new build property. I rang up our supplier we had from the old place and said we'd moved. They took readings from both elec and gas meters (smart meters so that was the only manual reading), and confirmed dual fixed tariff. DD set up and happy days...

Then this bombshell. Well, basically free gas. But, i'm too honest to leave it like that. I expect we'll get a backdated bill at some point. I just don't understand how this could happen?
Our new build gas meter number was assigned to another house! We were still paying a gas bill, and I was submitting readings. Only came to light when I applied to change suppliers. Bit annoying, but it did get sorted.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List