Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have decided to have a Halloween tree this year (no idea what gave me that idea). Anyway I was struggling to find many tree ornaments so I am crocheting some.

The first thing I thought of making was pumpkin baubles but I couldn’t find a good pattern! The first pattern I tried must have been written wrong.

So far I have two mediocre pumpkins (different patterns), a witch, a ghost, Frankenstein, I am currently working on a bat and I am planning a black cat - working in black wool is hard! I will add a photo later, currently in the hairdressers.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

My first crochet project 🙂
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Two squares of a blanket done so far. 7 to go. But keeping me busy.
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have decided to have a Halloween tree this year (no idea what gave me that idea). Anyway I was struggling to find many tree ornaments so I am crocheting some.

The first thing I thought of making was pumpkin baubles but I couldn’t find a good pattern! The first pattern I tried must have been written wrong.

So far I have two mediocre pumpkins (different patterns), a witch, a ghost, Frankenstein, I am currently working on a bat and I am planning a black cat - working in black wool is hard! I will add a photo later, currently in the hairdressers.
My Halloween projects so far.

Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Finished 2 projects for my grandson and granddaughter , started a coat for her but can’t get into it

Done some hats

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

I’m just finishing of my third big, snuggly fisherman’s rib cardigan. One each for DiL’s and about to start a fourth for DiL’s Mum. Oh and crocheting a blanket for my grand puppy!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

a crochet cardigan for myself but don't like the sleeves so I may start again
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
That is such a big question. I have been knitting for over 50 years and am still trying to get it right!

The way I used to knit colour work was very neat on the back and kept the colours from tangling but lead to colour dominance on the front. This can be OK, and as long as you are aware that it's happening and can lead to some very pleasing results if under control.

After watching a lot (too many to keep track of!) you tube videos I learned that always bringing the new colour from below gave a much more even fabric on the front and no dominant colour. So I have started doing this on most projects although the back is slightly less pretty and I have to untangle the wool from time to time.

Also it's worth noting that knitting colourwork in the round is much, much easier to control as you will only be doing knit stitches.

Here is one youtuber who is very skillful and knowledgeable
but I'm sure you will find more if you google.

Thank you so much! I'll be using DPNs which I'm comfortable with so I just need to get the hang of the colours (I do not understand colour dominance/above/below etc at all right now!). I've pinned that video to watch later.
Supersuzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

A jumper I started knitting in 2010
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
A jumper I started knitting in 2010
This sums me up 🤣. My blanket was started in 2019 🤣