Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Hotel Choice

Any1 give their opinion's on below hotels

Rosen Shingle Creek

Rosen Plaza Int Dr

Rosen Centre Int Dr

There is a approx £200 difference to stay at Shingle Creek, all have free parking no resor fees, wondering if its worth the extra. BA says Shingle is 5* but most other sites say 4*
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I looked into Shingle Creek. Looked lovely but seemed much further away from everything than the other Rosens.

I stayed at the Rosen Centre 15 years ago and it was lovely! Really nice hotel and good location… we walked past it about 5 years ago and it still looked good
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Not to worried about the distance. its only a weeks holiday at Christmas with plan to do
Sea World DC ultimates and a few Disney Fixes in the resorts etc .
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

I stayed at Rosen Centre in 2018, lovely hotel, clean and rooms are a good size, and in a good location on I drive.
Was meant to be staying in a Villa on this years trip which was 2 weeks ago but that was cancelled, so now going in December & booked Rosen Centre again.
Parking is free for Virgin Hols customers.

The only downside I found from when I stayed in 2018 was the walk from the Carpark to the elevators in the lobby by reception, as the carpark is right at the back of the hotel, so it was a pain with suitcases.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Scattle View Post
I stayed at Rosen Centre in 2018, lovely hotel, clean and rooms are a good size, and in a good location on I drive.
Was meant to be staying in a Villa on this years trip which was 2 weeks ago but that was cancelled, so now going in December & booked Rosen Centre again.
Parking is free for Virgin Hols customers.

The only downside I found from when I stayed in 2018 was the walk from the Carpark to the elevators in the lobby by reception, as the carpark is right at the back of the hotel, so it was a pain with suitcases.

Did you pay a resort fee? from what I read they dont do a resort fee either?
Old 11 Oct 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Stayed at Rosen Centre several times and again due to stay there this Christmas. Good location for Seaworld. Lovely hotel and we had the Christmas Day buffet there 2 years ago - amazing. Went to Shingle Creek to use their outdoor pool. Again a lovely hotel but for a week don’t think I’d pay the extra over Rosen Centre.
Old 11 Oct 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Stayed at Rosen Plaza a few years ago and we are usually onsite. Really liked the hotel - nice rooms, good food and drink options, nice pool and really liked the location. Very pretty around the convention centre, handy for restaurants and near to WDW. Would happily stay again.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Out of the three I’d go with the rosen centre, it’s a nice 4 star hotel , I wouldn’t bother with shringle creek it’s very much out of the way with nothing within walking distance
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have only stayed at shingle creek and loved it. We are going back in December. It’s a beautiful hotel with plenty of choice of restaurants if you don’t want to go back out.
It is huge and is a fair walk from the car park but we were fine with that. And yes, you wouldn’t really be able to walk anywhere from it but my dh doesn’t drink so he’s fine driving . In fact it was him who picked it.
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Shingle is booked. We r very much out early and back to the hotel for relax later afternoon days.
Not fussed ourselves for alcohol overload so driving is fine.

Like the look of the resort itself and pools and proximity to SeaWorld parks for early starts planned