Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Suey12
Proud to wear my Ears

Any November 2021 Virgin cancellations?

I'm so sorry to see that BA is cancelling flights up to 15th November. Hugs to all.

Has anyone had a cancellation from Virgin in November?

I've yet to see any!

It's true to say that on 1-7th November inclusive, all MAN-MCO flights have been changed to fully flexible fares which usually means cancellation will follow.

Hanging by my fingertips onto my 9th November flight ... !
Suey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jadehouse
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
We are the 11th so feeling your pain 🤞🙏🤞🙏
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I’m the 15th flying from Heathrow. I’m hoping that’s far enough into November to work, I also hope that Virgin see the BA debacle as an opportunity. But who really knows? I just can’t understand these airlines complaining about lack of revenue all through 2020 then being not prepared enough to run on the day the routes open up again despite being given notice of the approximate date. Rumours are that they are not cost effective, but as we know some if not most of those BA flights were close to full.

I have BA flights for my backup trip in May, I’m changing those to Virgin. I’ve never been a BA fan, and this palaver was the final straw.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

I can see the virgin flight cancelations coming today or tomorrow.
Nothing to do with not being prepared, if they cancel within 2 weeks of departure they face handing out compensation to the passengers
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not yet. To be honest, Virgin need the revenue far more desperately than BA do as they don't have any cushion to fall on. So they're probably going to be later to cancel especially now since we know the announcement is so close. More than likely hanging on with hope just as much as those of us flying in November!

ETA: Compensation will start kicking in from Monday for Nov 1st so as above, I would expect cancellations for the first week probably tomorrow. Possibly moving to rolling day-by-day cancellations rather than a full week.

Edited at 01:11 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

I know it's only the social media Virgin Atlantic twitter team, but if you look at their tweets/replies to people, they say they will fly to US the day the Ban is lifted (whenever that may be), that must be why they are leaving it till last possible opportunity to cancel.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Perkins
Excited about Disney

Ive just had another flight time amendment from Virgin for the 7th November - the email arrived at 12.26 - so hoping that this is a positive step - rather than a cancellation.
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I can see as soon as a date is given, there will be an influx of bookings. Perhaps that is what Virgin are relying on and BA don't want to take that chance.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
qwerty
Excited about Disney

Nothing for me yet, I’m the 2nd from Manchester
qwerty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Few people on the November thread saying they've received notice of cancellations now.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List