Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Aug 16, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

making a murderer: Brendan Dassey has his conviction overturned!

Anyone who has ever watched 'making a murderer' the compelling, disturbing, intriguing, heartbreaking documentary on Netflix, will find this big news this morning. This young lad was convicted of murder alongside his uncle Steven Avery and both have protested their innocence.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 06:53 AM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Yes! My daughter sent me the link to the article on FB last night!
Old 13 Aug 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

That is such good news, as long as the state don't contest it! My dd and I watched the series and just couldn't believe it was real, I so hope our justice system treats people better than that!
Old 13 Aug 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Before we run away with this case, and I do accept there are tons of issues surrounng it. Let us not forget the victim whose remains were found in the Uncles property.

However. The conviction needed to be overturned but there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Regretably America doesn't have the homicide expertise that the UK has.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

He must be released in 90 days if no appeal against it is placed...so I guess it is just wait and see.

For me they both may be guilty but the police really messed up by not investigating all angles and not proving beyond a doubt that it was them

Yes - I feel awful for the victims family but also for the families of these two men - by no means the cleanest of whistles but the lack of evidence and blatant disregard for working the case from any other angle and complete conflict of interest in allowing those officers to investigate just made the convictions so unreliable...

Interested to see where it goes from here for both of them.
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Before we run away with this case, and I do accept there are tons of issues surrounng it. Let us not forget the victim whose remains were found in the Uncles property.
We're they though? There was a huge shadow of doubt over the evidence that was 'found'.

Whilst I'm not sure about Avery, the authorities took advantage of Brendans learning difficulties to frame both of them
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by g1970 View Post
We're they though? There was a huge shadow of doubt over the evidence that was 'found'.

Whilst I'm not sure about Avery, the authorities took advantage of Brendans learning difficulties to frame both of them
Oh I'm not doubting there were huge issues with the investigation especially the 'location' of certain forensics. I would be surprised though if the authorities moved a body from a deposition site. Never heard of that ever.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by g1970 View Post

Completely agree with you
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I really struggled with this case, there was way too many strange happenings, I can believe that the police would want to frame Avery because they got the first conviction wrong and were going to be sued by someone they hated, but to suddenly have a body ( a murder victim ) with which to frame him with is way too convenient. That in itself is strange.
Absolutely no evidence on Averys home, not one bit of blood splatter and then after a forensic search found absolutely nothing a few days later police just happened to find the victims keys in his home just laid on the floor ... Avery is lacking in intelligence and could never have been clever enough to cover up what he was supposed to have done. I for one believe he is innocent and hope he eventually gets acquitted .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 04:54 PM.
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I really struggled with this case, there was way too many strange happenings, I can believe that the police would want to frame Avery because they got the first conviction wrong and were going to be sued by someone they hated, but to suddenly have a body ( a murder victim ) with which to frame him with is way too convenient. That in itself is strange.
Absolutely no evidence on Averys home, not one bit of blood splatter and then after a forensic search found absolutely nothing a few days later police just happened to find the victims keys in his home just laid on the floor ... Avery is lacking in intelligence and could never have been clever enough to cover up what he was supposed to have done. I for one believe he is innocent and hope he eventually gets acquitted .
Totally agree.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread