Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not a Star Wars fan at all, in fact the old films bores me to tears and I’ve never watched the newer ones.

However, I’m in DLC later this year, and I have watched Tim’s video last night. I’m actually really excited to be seeing it for the first time, even if I have no clue what’s happening. The rides look so good, and the theming is excellent. The cocktails don’t look bad either ha ha
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Not a Star Wars fan although have seen all the films. The reason for us going back to WDW next year is GE as DH and DS are big Star Wars fans. We watched Tim Trackers vlog yesterday and DH is so excited, especially about seeing the millennium falcon in the flesh.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’ll never forget seeing the first film at the cinema and that opening sequence. There really had been nothing like it before. The theming for Pandora was fantastic and this looks even better. I won’t be queueing for hours to ride the rides or building a droid or lightsabre but I will enjoy being there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I can't wait to go - I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was a kid, and saw A New Hope, and it's been part of my life since. There's a 10 year old girl inside me jumping up and down at the thought of sitting in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

For those comparing it with Avatar, that film held no appeal for me when it came out, it came across as only being popular for the 3D gimmick rather than anything interesting. I wandered round Pandora last year, and yeah, it's pretty, I guess, but didn't wow me.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Newrly everyone will want to ride Rise of the Resistance as it will be phenomenal, Star Wars fan or not.
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkes12
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I love star wars but from what I have seen I am completely underwhelmed by the new area. Just seems a money making area and 1 ride.
sparkes12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Do it! My husband wouldn’t come on with me so I rode alone and ended up befriending a lovely family. I’m not going to lie I was terrified BUT... it’s over before you know it (as in it’s not really a long ride) so worst comes to worst, you go on, hate it, but as soon as you realise you hate it you’re off.

Hmm not sure that was encouraging?!

I’m glad I did it by the way.
Thank you - that is actually very encouraging. I'm going to give it a go
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Newrly everyone will want to ride Rise of the Resistance as it will be phenomenal, Star Wars fan or not.
I've heard it described as being 5 rides in one.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It’s a fab thrill. I always think that if I do it once and don’t like it then it’s no big deal, but if I never do it I’ll never know.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Great! You must let us know how you find it.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List