Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jul 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile Stick with CSR or twist to POFQ?

Currently booked to stay at CSR next year but I'm thinking it may not be Disney enough for my daughter.
For those that have been to either resorts (or both) can you please give me pros and negatives?
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

if you're talking Disney themeing, there is no comparison in my opinion. POFQ grounds and pool area are super-Disney-themed (sooo cute .

CSR, as far as I can tell from the many vlogs and videos I've watched of the public areas and grounds, isn't Disney-themed, and has a generally more grown-up feel to it.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
if you're talking Disney themeing, there is no comparison in my opinion. POFQ grounds and pool area are super-Disney-themed (sooo cute .

CSR, as far as I can tell from the many vlogs and videos I've watched of the public areas and grounds, isn't Disney-themed, and has a generally more grown-up feel to it.
Totally agree SK.

If you want Disney then CSR is not the moderate for you.

We have done the ‘ports’ and they are lovely

Disney332
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I haven't stayed at CSR but stayed at POFQ last year and fell in love with it. This year's a bucket list stay at Beach Club but next year onwards it'll always be POFQ. I've booked POFQ for next September It's very small, great fun theming, love the pool, big food court with a lot of choice. I had the jambalaya there most evenings last year
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone. My first choice was always POFQ however CSR was much cheaper, Riverside is coming in at a good price though, ah decisions decisions!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I have stayed at both, and both me and OH love Coronado! James was 2 when we went and it was Disney enough for us
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've enquired about switching and now waiting for Virgin to hear back from Disney, something about opening the booking again if Disney allow. If the price is right I will swap to POFQ but if not then it's fine, CSR still looks good.
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

POFQ or PORS are fantastic. FQ is small, but amazing and the best rated moderate for a reason.
Disney will allow changes for free if something is available and the same price or more. They may charge you £50pp if the overall price goes down.
If Virgin say otherwise, then either ask for a supervisor or call back. The only reason is no availability, but remember, thats availability for POFQ on the free dinning plan, not on any other offer, and FQ usually sells out fast. Doesnt mean you cant try again in a month or 2.

Originally Posted by show_the_magic View Post
I've enquired about switching and now waiting for Virgin to hear back from Disney, something about opening the booking again if Disney allow. If the price is right I will swap to POFQ but if not then it's fine, CSR still looks good.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
POFQ or PORS are fantastic. FQ is small, but amazing and the best rated moderate for a reason.
Disney will allow changes for free if something is available and the same price or more. They may charge you £50pp if the overall price goes down.
If Virgin say otherwise, then either ask for a supervisor or call back. The only reason is no availability, but remember, thats availability for POFQ on the free dinning plan, not on any other offer, and FQ usually sells out fast. Doesnt mean you cant try again in a month or 2.

This is great thank you, they haven't any of the standard rooms but the garden view is available so I'm hoping they come back with a decent price. If they dont I will, like you say, check again in a month or so.
I appreciate the advice and will make a note of it.
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've changed to POFQ! No charges and Virgin were very helpful, had a lovely woman that sorted it for me. Very happy!