Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

KPMG's Wheely Big Cycle ... please help :)

Hi everyone,

My son is taking part in a fundraising cycle ride for KPMG (where he works) and is looking for sponsors to help him raise £1,000. He has to cycle 514 miles and climb a total of 24,896 feet. I have posted the link below to his fundraising page and if anyone could help him I know he would be very grateful. Thank you for reading.

uk.virginmoneygiving/ThomasWood28
sage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sage View Post
Hi everyone,

My son is taking part in a fundraising cycle ride for KPMG (where he works) and is looking for sponsors to help him raise £1,000. He has to cycle 514 miles and climb a total of 24,896 feet. I have posted the link below to his fundraising page and if anyone could help him I know he would be very grateful. Thank you for reading.

uk.virginmoneygiving/ThomasWood28
Surely given that he works for KPMG (a company that makes billions in profit every year) his colleagues could sponsor him rather than a bunch of people who've never met him
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Surely given that he works for KPMG (a company that makes billions in profit every year) his colleagues could sponsor him rather than a bunch of people who've never met him
Also he should check his employment contract as in a couple of the other big 4 this type of unsolicited personal appeals are often a disciplinary issue
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

^^ Thats the spirit...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Good luck to your son. Better him than me, lol. That sounds really tough.

Very admirable raising money for abused children. I hope he exceeds his target.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Great effort, just donated a few shillings.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsArcher2b View Post
Good luck to your son. Better him than me, lol. That sounds really tough.

Very admirable raising money for abused children. I hope he exceeds his target.
Thank you for your support, I passed your message on to Thomas 😊
sage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Great effort, just donated a few shillings.
Thank you very much, that’s really kind of you 😊
Old 17 May 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sage
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Also he should check his employment contract as in a couple of the other big 4 this type of unsolicited personal appeals are often a disciplinary issue
I asked Thomas about this and they are all being encouraged to get as much support as they can, and to advertise what they’re doing in any way they can, so no worry of it being a disciplinary issue.
Old 17 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

I'm with the first few posters. KPMG make millions out of companies going bust whilst employees wait months for their minimum redundancy payments because there's no money left. KPMG made profits of £462m last year, with each partner getting £601,200.

This "Corporate Social Responsibility" - usually housed in the marketing department - which I believe is the case at KMPG - is window dressing. If they were serious about supporting the needy they could allocate profit, or ask their partners for a contribution and raise way more.

Good on your son for wanting to raise funds for a good cause but I can't help but be cynical when I see these huge organisations bragging about what they give back. They're not giving back; it's the friends and families of their employees.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List