Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jun 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 8

Sunday 13th May

This morning we have a slightly later start - and by later, I mean the alarm is set for 8.20 as we are having breakfast at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom today!

It is a little cloudy as we head off to the park. We have a look around the Emporium and then go to check in at Crystal Palace for our reservation at 9.35. The cast member advises us that it can take around an hour for all the characters to get around (it's Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger) so I tell DH to pace himself with breakfast!

To be fair, we do eat a lot over a few different courses, and we have a big glass of orange juice and 2 hot chocolates each. (Well, we are there for a while )

We have lovely interactions with the characters (although DH is up getting food when Piglet comes around - he assures me he's OK with missing out as he feels I'd complain more if I missed it. Don't know what he means!...)

Tigger is my favourite and I just feel like a kid again as I grab him (or does he grab me?) for a huge hug - and he hugs me so hard that my Minnie ears fall off. Overall it's a lovely experience - we are paying cash so it comes to $95 including a tip. Wow, a lot for breakfast but I had budgeted for this beforehand as I thought it would be good to experience!

As we are leaving, we notice that it has started raining. Like, REALLY raining. We stick it out in the park though and do a few rides. I have a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so we do that, then the People Mover - I know it's not technically a ride, but we enjoy it. Because the rain is so torrential and so many attractions are down due to the weather, we go and do Carousel of Progress. "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." Yep, we're not getting that song out of our heads anytime soon...

There's a 45 minute wait for meeting Mickey and Minnie but we decide we might as well - it gets us out of the rain, and DH wants me to meet them again after the rushed experience at Epcot.

It's so worth it this time! The queue does feel long, but we have really lovely interactions with them. Minnie admires my ears, they look at my ring (and Mickey shakes DH's hand after seeing it ), and have HUGE hugs. We have photos, then I have one with them just on my own where Mickey is holding my hand. Honestly it's just so cute.

After a look around some of the jewellery shops for gifts (and trying not to collapse in shock at some of the prices), I introduce DH to the wonder that is the Enchanted Tiki Room. I can only vaguely remember this from my childhood... what can I say, at least it takes the 'Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow' song out of our heads! We end up singing "Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room" to each other for the rest of the trip on and off... and DH unironically really enjoys it!

We have a FP for Space Mountain so we ride this, and then decide to call it a day, stopping at Joffrey's for a HUGE doughnut each, which we gobble on the way to the bus stop.

Feeling exhausted (and a bit damp) we go straight back to the room where I fall asleep. I am really feeling the tiredness and I seem to have picked up a bit of a cold, which is annoying. I feel loads better after a nap and a hot shower though.

We have dinner at the food court and DH is extremely proud of the fact he has a salad. I have the 'create your own pasta' which is yummy, but I can't get through it all. Then it's off to Hollywood Studios for the evening, as we have VIP seats for Fantasmic. Someone who DH works with was able to get these for us and let us know just a few days before - wow!

We really enjoy walking around the park as the sun sets - it's just beautiful. We go and watch The Little Mermaid show and I am honestly amazed by it. I remember loving it as a child obviously, but it's incredible even now - just so well done! We do Star Tours again (DH genuinely loves this ride but he's also intrigued to see how many different scenarios we can end up with, plus I think he's secretly wishing he could be the rebel spy on board...)

Then we go and check in for our Fantasmic seats. I have no idea what to expect but love just sitting there waiting for it to start, listening to the amazing music and soaking up the atmosphere.

What can I say about Fantasmic - I LOVE it. It immediately becomes my favourite Disney evening show. I'm genuinely blown away. Bearing in mind that Beauty & the Beast is my favourite film & I walked down the aisle to Tale as Old As Time only a few weeks ago, the bit where Belle & Beast appear on the boat, all lit up... I burst into joyful, amazed tears.

It's been an amazing evening and I feel so happy I could burst as we head out of the park. Luckily we get a bus straight away, and we do our usual trick of picking up hot chocolates at the food court before returning to the room. We are both excited by the prospect of a proper lie in tomorrow...

Edited at 10:57 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love fantasmic too! Great to get VIP tickets, what a lovely surprise!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day.
We haven't seen Fantasmic since the first time we went in 2003 so hopefully we'll see it this time.
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another great day and it's fab that you managed to get VIP seats! We did a reservation at Mama Melrose purely for those seats.

I'm so glad you loved Fantasmic and even more thrilled that you said it's your best evening show. I loved Fantasmic when we went in 2003 and I declared it still my favourite last October! I don't know what it is about it ... maybe because it's not just fireworks it's an actual show with characters? But I also love the Fantasia film xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Fabulous view for F!, we love it too.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List