Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wedding dress second thoughts?!

Hi Everyone

We are due to get married this Oct (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! ) and the first thing on my list to buy was my wedding dress which was purchased late last year.

Recently I have been looking at the photos and now I am starting to doubt whether it is the right dress?!? It looks awfully plain and too traditional and now I'm worried I might regret not going for a more "out there" dress..

Has anybody had this before or am I going crazy?!

Thank you x
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have your dress at home or is it still at shop / need fitting?

I had a long gap Between buying the dress and actually seeing it again to start fittings and I started doubting it but then I wore it again and was like nope, this is the dress! And felt amazing in it again.

Do you have the chance to try it on again? Wearing it and looking at it are both totally different experiences! What was it you loved about it when you picked it?
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter changed her mind. She’s was being very conservative in her choice but really wanted something more Lacey and bling. I bought her another one and we sold the first brand new for near the money we paid.. that’s an option
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Thanks everyone

I have the dress at home and going for a fitting in Aug but should only need the neckline bringing down slightly (rest should be fine!)

I bought it because it was comfortable to wear / remember the lace being really pretty but it doesn't stand out on the photos. I'm also thinking my hair/makeup was a bit of a mess that day so I don't think it does the photos justice!

It is currently stored away at my mums house so I'm thinking of going round tomorrow and trying it on again... Hopefully I will fall back in love!
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I changed my mind a week ago and have finally picked up my new dress for tomorrow. If you don’t like/feel comfortable in it then don’t wear it.
Good luck whatever you decide x

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Perhaps you could add some bling f you feel it needs some, keep us posted how you get on xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Watching programs like say yes to the dress they quite often seem to add a sparkly belt type piece. Would that be an option?
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Adding a belt can really change a dress! I went from hating one, to seriously considering buying it with a belt. I didn’t, it wasn’t my dress but it did make a HUGE difference!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kem99
Trying for More Ears

Fashion trends come and go and sometimes go round in circles. What we think is cool one decade is hysterical the next.

Sometimes keeping it classic, simple and elegant makes a big statement.
Old 6 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneyhol View Post
Hi Everyone

We are due to get married this Oct (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! ) and the first thing on my list to buy was my wedding dress which was purchased late last year.

Recently I have been looking at the photos and now I am starting to doubt whether it is the right dress?!? It looks awfully plain and too traditional and now I'm worried I might regret not going for a more "out there" dress..

Has anybody had this before or am I going crazy?!

Thank you x
Obviously you need to have a dress that you are happy with. However I did stop and pause on your comment on an "out there" dress. To me that suggests something that could look out of date very quickly? I am 49 now and a fair number of my school friends got married early nineties, there are so many throw back pictures of these ginormous meringue wedding dresses that pop up on my facebook feed every year and were probably out there at the time. Having said that, they are cute.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List