Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Weather is supposed to clear later today. The subtropical system is pulling out to sea.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

We just had a rumble of thunder that sounded like several sonic booms all at once
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mlbolger
Very Serious Dibber

We just heard that too. Thought it was never going to end!

Oct04 Villa Hampton Lakes, Nov05 QII Int Drive
Feb 08, Nov 09, Nov 10 Villa Emerald Isles
Oct 12 Disney Beach Club
Nov 13 Carribean Beach
Nov 15 Wilderness Lodge
mlbolger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

We were there in may 2009 and we had non stop rain for nearly 10 days. It rained everyday all day. I think they had record breaking rainfall that year, even the locals couldn't believe it. Not fun when you have a 1yr old and a 3yr old. It got to the point that I didn't want to look out the window in the morning. We did discover lots of things in epcot as the innoventions area still had some fab stuff and it was inside. I think we only got to the pool twice in the holiday. We laugh about it now as we have pictures of us sitting waiting on wishes absolutely soaked through. The kids didn't mind as they were in a pushchair with a rain cover.

I really hope it passes soon as it really does affect your holiday.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post
We were there in may 2009 and we had non stop rain for nearly 10 days. It rained everyday all day. I think they had record breaking rainfall that year, even the locals couldn't believe it. Not fun when you have a 1yr old and a 3yr old. It got to the point that I didn't want to look out the window in the morning. We did discover lots of things in epcot as the innoventions area still had some fab stuff and it was inside. I think we only got to the pool twice in the holiday. We laugh about it now as we have pictures of us sitting waiting on wishes absolutely soaked through. The kids didn't mind as they were in a pushchair with a rain cover.

We went in April 2009 and whilst it was cooler than usual we didn't have much rain. My hairdresser went in the May and said it rained continuously the whole time and the holiday was a disaster. I thought she was exaggerating but obviously not.
It's awful when people save up for a dream holiday and it's a complete washout.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We were there for the Christmas of the Great Freeze.(1987) We only had a week and the Temp was 22F every day. the orange groves froze and were ruined,there was snow in Central Florida and all the flowers in Disney were killed off. The Christmas Day parade went ahead but even the reindeers were wrapped up! Our last day was the only warmish day! That was a bit of a disaster holiday as my family refused to speak to me on Christmas day as we had "gone away without a thought for anyone"!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Really feel for you all and hope it picks up soon. I'm most firmly out of the "you're on holiday so it's fine camp". The weather really can put a downer on things and nothing worse than lots of rain.
We've had some odd experiences in the Summers including 2015 when I have a photo of the lifeguards by the pool wearing fleece jackets in July!
If we had any sun here I'd send it over but weather here is not too pretty.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post

We came just after that in 2009 (first week in June) and we had brilliant weather. I remember being on The Dibb and seeing all the posts about the weather and I was so worried. We were lucky then. But, we've also had it the other way around ... seeing people have lovely weather in May and yet we would arrive in May and the weather would turn, and I mean really turn, so bad we had to leave parks,change days around,find indoor stuff to do. None of this, just an hour of rain, no we mean downpours so bad, the streets would flood and rides would close. One year when this happened in May, I swore I'd never go back to Florida again ... I never stuck to that though, LOL! We've been back several times since then and still during late April to end of May and yes, we have had pretty bad rainy days even on those trips. It DOES ruin things and puts a huge downer on things.None of these trips are cheap and we make tons of sacrifices here in the UK to keep going back to Florida.If I wanted non stop rain, I'd stay in the UK.With a school aged child we are restricted on when to go and we can't go October half term as both my husband and I are not allowed any time off from work due to the run up to Christmas being our busiest.
We are next going back last two weeks in August 2019 ... my expectations with regards to the weather are zero... I mean, May is supposed to still be pretty good weather wise but this clearly doesn't always work out that way.

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
We went in April 2009 and whilst it was cooler than usual we didn't have much rain. My hairdresser went in the May and said it rained continuously the whole time and the holiday was a disaster. I thought she was exaggerating but obviously not.
It's awful when people save up for a dream holiday and it's a complete washout.
Nope she wasn't exaggerating. It was awful. We had 2 days sun at the beginning and 2 days at the end. The rest was a complete wash out. I think something like 20" of rain fell in that time we were there. Hoping august is better lol
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Still pouring rain at Disney World this morning!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List