Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Nov 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Cabana bay or surfside?

Hi

Just taken the plunge for next September, this years trip cancelled twice and we were staying at Surfside.

I’ve found a good deal for cabana bay, coming out much cheaper than Surfside, I’ve done some research and although it’s just us two adults this year it still looks good for us.

I’d kind of planned everything around Surfside, like using the itrolley etc to go up and down idrive, cabana bay doesn’t appear so accessible to these areas, is it acceptable to hop on the Surfside shuttle and then get on itrolley? Or is an Uber on to idrive (somewhere like Millers) cheap enough?

Also, a benefit would be pool hopping, can anyone confirm you can definitely pool hop from CB, I know you can’t from Surfside.

Any other tips on CB for an adult couple would be welcome, it’s not one of the hotels we have ever considered before!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have booked CB for next sept direct with universal. Was cheaper than the compare websites. Pay first night and the rest when you get to the hotel.
If you are hiring a car look at virgin holidays. Hotel only is slightly more than booking direct cut you receive complimentary parking with virgin saving you $18 per night
Pool hopping is a great option and you can visit the other hotel for drinks and food.
We have gone for the volcano room for the view.
We thought about pop century at Disney but with no free parking or the DDP but at twice the price of cabana bay was a no brainer for us as the difference in cost would pay for 2x Disney park tickets at £900 and 16 day car hire for £400

Edited at 10:03 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Thanks! I got a great deal with an online company, but having read their reviews I’m seriously looking at booking direct, it’s more, but still cheaper than the next reputable OTA.

This is the first year we aren’t having a car, we usually have a villa down near championsgate, and got a bit fed up of driving so decided to try onsite, and also be closer to idrive.

We are flying in to tampa and having a few days at Clearwater before driving up in a one day hire car. BA flights were insanely cheap.

Fingers crossed for all us September dibbers, might see you at the cabana bay bar!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

When in September are you going? I'm staying at Sapphire Falls for a week from the 12th.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Thanks! I got a great deal with an online company, but having read their reviews I’m seriously looking at booking direct, it’s more, but still cheaper than the next reputable OTA.

This is the first year we aren’t having a car, we usually have a villa down near championsgate, and got a bit fed up of driving so decided to try onsite, and also be closer to idrive.

We are flying in to tampa and having a few days at Clearwater before driving up in a one day hire car. BA flights were insanely cheap.

Fingers crossed for all us September dibbers, might see you at the cabana bay bar!

The only one we found that was cheaper was a company called stayforlong.com
We looked at some reviews that weren't very good so decided to book direct as I figured universal we be an easier company to deal with
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

We will be in orlando from 7th to 19th, all being well!

Old 29 Nov 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
We will be there from the 10th to the 26th fingers crossed
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

This is who I booked with but getting more worried about it by the day, I’m going to email cabana bay and see if they have our reservation, (I haven’t paid anything yet) or I might just cancel it anyway and book direct for the piece of mind. It was possibly too good to be true, I had a booking with Amoma when they went bust, got all money back but was still a stress I didn’t need, so don’t know why I’ve done it again 🤣

I couldn’t find when the balance was payable direct with universal, is it when you arrive? I’m a bit worried about the exchange rate as it’s not bad at the moment, I could end up paying the balance at $1.20 to gbp.

Old 29 Nov 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Yes you pay the first night as a deposit and the remainder when you check in

Tbh I like a bargain and was tempted with their price but wanted less stress and security so booked direct.

As the booking for us was £1350 (16 nights) I don't think the fluctuation of the dollar will make that much difference to the cost

I believe and someone will help with this. the difference between the $ being at $1.20 up to $1.30 to the pound on £1350 would have a price difference of £100 max

If you want to lock into a price have a look on virgin holidays then hotel only

They are listing CB at a price between universal direct and trivago with hotels.com

You can pay a deposit and remainder so many weeks before the holiday. That way you can lock in at the price on the website around £1500

I like the flexibility of not having outlayed loads of money before I go and have £150 wiggle room for the exchange rate

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Old 6 Jan 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dadio
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
We have booked CB for next sept direct with universal. Was cheaper than the compare websites. Pay first night and the rest when you get to the hotel.
If you are hiring a car look at virgin holidays. Hotel only is slightly more than booking direct cut you receive complimentary parking with virgin saving you $18 per night
Pool hopping is a great option and you can visit the other hotel for drinks and food.
We have gone for the volcano room for the view.
We thought about pop century at Disney but with no free parking or the DDP but at twice the price of cabana bay was a no brainer for us as the difference in cost would pay for 2x Disney park tickets at £900 and 16 day car hire for £400
Hi sorry to jump in been looking to book cabana bay via virgin holidays but it says complimentary parking only valid for visits before Dec 31 2020 !
Not sure if it's a mistake or website out of date .
dadio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List