Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 29 Nov 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

Food Processor

Hello All

I'm looking to invest in a food processor for around £150 - £200. I was wondering if anyone had one and would you recommend it?

Thanks

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I have a MagiMix and used to use it a lot but now it sits in the cupboard unless I want to make a Chocolate Fudge cake. It takes up too much room on the kitchen top hence its in the cupboard & out of sight out of mind I'm afraid.
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

My food processor was also a Magimix, it was good although it possibly would be outside budget. I say “was” because like previous poster I found it took up too much room to be permanently out and also is quite big and cumbersome to get out for five minutes when needed. So we got rid of it.

I now have a hand blender that comes with container and jug attachments that are large enough for my processing needs. Mine is a Kitchenaid but there are plenty of other hand blenders that come with container attachments. I find it more practical than my old food processor.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Just got myself (well my husband claims its from him for Xmas) a new Magimix. I dumped my last very old one 18 months ago when we moved house.

It's a magimix with three different size bowls, came from John Lewis cost about £160 with £30 off. I choose the white one, the silver one cost more but it's in a cupboard so the colour is immaterial.
I happy with it so far.

We have quite a big kitchen with plenty of cupboard space so it's easy to get in and out, I dont like things out on worktops so am happy it easily fits in cupboard and has a storage er for the blades that comes with it.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve a magimix too and mine is also in the cupboard!
It is good but big and heavy. Good for making pastry.
I have a braun handheld which converts to clip on to a container. So like a mini food processor. I use this loads.
It’s like this but mine is much older.

amazon/Braun-Multi...c=1&th=1&psc=1
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mine is a Kenwood Chef - it’s part of a bigger set that includes a stand mixer and a glass blender. I love it and use it often. The main machine (the stand mixer part) sits on my counter top and the processor bowl, attachments and glass blender live in a cupboard. They ‘bolt on’ when needed I think I paid about 200-250 for the full set and wouldn’t be without it.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DS has a Ninja, it's great

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
I got a Bosch for £90 it’s got a mini chopper
Normal bowl
And a blender that I keep separate for milkshakes and frozen cocktails so it doesn’t get tainted with food , it’s powerful enough to crush ice
Loving it so far , about to make some homemade coleslaw
It’s a lot of bits to store so in the utility room
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

I have just bought this Ninja 3 in 1 - ninjakitchen/product/n...0uk-zidBN800UK
It was on offer for Black Friday at £129. Currently the food processor is on offer at £79.99. May be worth waiting for the next sale?
Seems well made and simple to use. My son had wanted a blender for a while to make smoothies so we love the versatility of the 3 in 1.
Also able to use Topcashback with Ninja.
Joanne

Edited at 07:48 PM.
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoB View Post
I have just bought this Ninja 3 in 1 - ninjakitchen/product/n...0uk-zidBN800UK
It was on offer for Black Friday at £129. Currently the food processor is on offer at £79.99. May be worth waiting for the next sale?
Seems well made and simple to use. My son had wanted a blender for a while to make smoothies so we love the versatility of the 3 in 1.
Also able to use Topcashback with Ninja.
Joanne
That's the one DS has 👍

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List