Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 30 Nov 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I love this thread it made me properly laugh out loud over my lunch today. Much appreciated as laughter is in short supply this year! MH perhaps you should charge a bit extra for entertainment too...?
He should charge them for the ear plugs he has to give them so they don’t have to listen to him!
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Have t say I agree with most, you must add in all the extra costs to make it worth your while hosting a happy Christmas for your family. Extra loo rolls, sanitiser, and all the cleaning you ae going to have to do to create 'a safe house'. And, of course you should charge Ms MH and your son too, you need to get your monies worth after all your hard work.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Does the price cover the cost of parking their cars on your drive or is that extra?
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thank you guys for your input and I have taken your advice onboard and as such have decided to keep the price as it was last year (£29.95 per adult).

In previous years I have bought turkey crowns from the likes of Waitrose and Marks and sparks but I didn't overly rate the taste for the amount they cost. Today I have had a frozen turkey delivered from Tesco for just £12 as a special clubcard deal and its over 7 pounds in weight, so being its so cheap I will hopefully make a small profit from my family guests this year.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I trust there will be no "laughing" at the table. Especially if there are sprouts involved!

Or there might be calls for refunds
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I trust there will be no "laughing" at the table. Especially if there are sprouts involved!

I bet he sits at a separate table from the adults with his bib and sippy cup!
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thank you guys for your input and I have taken your advice onboard and as such have decided to keep the price as it was last year (£29.95 per adult).

In previous years I have bought turkey crowns from the likes of Waitrose and Marks and sparks but I didn't overly rate the taste for the amount they cost. Today I have had a frozen turkey delivered from Tesco for just £12 as a special clubcard deal and its over 7 pounds in weight, so being its so cheap I will hopefully make a small profit from my family guests this year.
Here was I thinking people that say you should charge more had missed the point of your post, that you want to charge less as it has been a crappy year and you wanted to bring some cheer.
However, by keeping the price the same you are still giving them a great meal and experience for the same price as last year, which shows what a kind and thoughtful person you are.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post

I doubt it but there will be plenty of tears I’d imagine
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List