Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Dec 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bobcat12 View Post
That's good news Andy, hopefully!

Dotb you need to click on the prepay tab and proceed to make a booking. It says x3 insurances included or similar but when you click on the one for sli it states it wont be included after January 2020.

As Andy said hopefully this may be an error.
Ok I see it now, very strange, I wouldn’t book with Alamo Brits anyway far too expensive. I’d book with Virgin who definitely say it’s included! Or more likely Andy.

You would have thought if it applied to third party bookings, the businesses would have been informed by now as it’s only a month away.

Edited at 12:07 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Ok I see it now, very strange, I wouldn’t book with Alamo Brits anyway far too expensive. I’d book with Virgin who definitely say it’s included! Or more likely Andy.

You would have thought if it applied to third party bookings, the businesses would have been informed by now as it’s only a month away.
Yes I agree you would think they would have been informed. When I spoke with Costco they didn't have a clue about it although it was included within the Alamo terms and conditions. I am waiting for Costco to double check direct with corporate in the US so when they respond I will update.
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Sorry I’m not seeing that I’ve just done a quote on Alamo Brits and no where that I can see does it say it’s not included after jan

Also if I book and pay say virgin for a car hire and the contract says it includes EP/SLI then it should be included as that is what has been agreed at the time of payment and booking.
Exactly, at time off booking and my confirmation clearly states included. So surely legally it has to be inc, it should only apply to new bookings made after 1/1/21
Unless Alamo cancel all bookings made pre January.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can’t tell you how glad I am that I saw this thread before booking car hire for May 21! Will wait to see the fallout and then look at prices.
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

ive booked through dfch and it says included so should be so hopefully all good
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I've had it confirmed now from various sources, suppliers and positions within EHI that the prices we quote will continue to include EP. The changes being brought in from 1st January only effect reservations made directly with Alamo.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
I've had it confirmed now from various sources, suppliers and positions within EHI that the prices we quote will continue to include EP. The changes being brought in from 1st January only effect reservations made directly with Alamo.
Andy

That's great to hear.

Hopefully I'll be driving our Alamo full size out of TPA in April. The one you allowed us to move from April 2020 to November 2020 to April 2021.

Mick
Old 8 Dec 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

Andy,

Thanks for all the chasing you have done on this. (and the emails). Glad this has been confirmed.

Now just have to hope we can actually get there.

Edited at 05:14 PM.
Mighty Lion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

Brilliant thanks 👍
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Hi Andy, how about if I booked through Alamo Brits? Guess it wouldn’t be included? So confusing

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List