Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Dogs and dog beds

I don’t know what’s up with my dogs but I’ve never had much luck with dog beds, they pee on them...
Some while ago after getting through a variety of beds we bought them vet bedding and they’re fine with that, put it down for them on the kitchen floor at night, we have 3 for washing purposes and they very, very rarely pee on them (no accidents otherwise). So as the old lady is heading to 13 I bought them a new bed, nice thick mattress style 48” long for 2 small cavs... had it delivered at 10:58, DH said leave it till Christmas, but I said no, put it down in the living room... by 10 past 11 caught the older dog christening it...
It was only then I read the mattress itself (removable cover) was only water resistant not waterproof...
Currently 1 dog asleep on my knee and the old lady sulking on the carpet...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 12:49 PM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Makes you wonder why you bother doesn't it?
Sounds just like mine though I've given up trying beds as for some reason he's just not a fan he either pees on it or totally ignores it preferring to sleep on a selection of weird & wonderful things that take his fancy some of which look really uncomfortable he's currently asleep in a pile of tinsel

They had a really cute stitch dog bed in primark and I didn't bother as I knew the dog wouldn't have use it. Thinking I should have got it for the cat instead now as the last few days she's been making good use out of the very soft & fluffy fleece lined donut bed we brought the dog last year.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We don’t bother with dog beds

When my lab was a puppy we bought her two lovely beds and she preferred the floor ..
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ours have one dog bed between then for during the day either none of them on it or all 4 in a heap on it
Night time they sleep in crates the old Visla and Frenchie in one and the wei and staffie in another the wei and staffie have a blanket the other 2 have a blanket but shove it in a corner and don’t use it but won’t go in the crate without it
Weird
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

They certainly know what they want, even though we think we know best...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I gave up with dog beds with my very first dog. Molly was a British bulldog and she thought a dog bed was a toy. She would chew and destroy it and pee on it. However she never chewed any of my furniture or had house accidents.
🤷🤣🤣
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
One of my dogs used to eat every bed I gave him, he wasn’t a chewer in any other way, he just didn’t want a bed. Problem was when I got another dog who liked his bed - Banjo ate all of those as well!
I solved the problem eventually by getting a latex backed vet bed type thing that he didn’t seem to like chewing (apart from the odd nibble around the edges)

Sadly those boys are no longer here but my current girl LOVES her bed, especially after a walk.
Being a large breed - it takes up most of one room lol

Her other favoured position is with us in the lounge on her bit of the sofa

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our cheeky Jack Russell has 3 beds , 2 in the lounges and the other is outside our bedroom
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our dog prefers to lie outside on the patio, the colder the better, but not if it’s wet. He has a sofa to lie on if he wishes and a very nice basket which is essentially just a toy box now, but his favourite place inside is the hall or kitchen floor.

We did/do have a cushion bed, but that became an over night pee pad, so we’ve taken it away.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List