Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I know how you feel, I'm sort of feeling the same way. The Christmas decorations were bought down last week and they're still sitting in the dining room in their boxes. Although I don't normally put them up until this weekend.

I absolutely love Christmas and I'm usually really excited about putting the decorations up, but I'm just not feeling it this year.

But this thread has just convinced me to go and put my big girl pants on and get on with it. I've got to try and make it as normal as possible, even if it is going to be totally different this year.

Sending you hugs.
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi everyone sorry I haven’t answered any of the posts but I’ve been in work since 6.30 this morning and only got home about 30 mins ago.
I think work is part of the problem we’ve been flat out since February when everyone started panic buying and as a result most weeks I’m working almost double my contracted hours( I have to do it as it’s in my contract ) and I’m exhausted when I get home I’m so tired I don’t want to do anything.
I’m off on Sunday so I’ll have to make a start on the presents then.
I’m so sorry that so many are feeling the same way and I know some of you have lost family members which is bad enough in normal circumstances but must be even worse in the current climate.
I had a lovely FaceTime call from my almost 3 year old granddaughter last night so that cheered me up a bit and I did some ElfYourself videos of my grandchildren which they loved.
Thank you to all of you who have made some suggestions to lift my mood I’ll definitely give them a go.
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Try and take a deep breath and sleep on everything.
Are you absolutely sure you don’t want to spend Christmas Day with your grandchildren? It sounds as if it might not be COVID related informing your decision, so if there is another reason is that not solvable with some discussion?
How you are feeling now might be different to how you might be feeling in three weeks time.
You say you have a stack of presents to wrap, but little enthusiasm. Can you set yourself a daily target of just a few each day? Then once having finished reward yourself with something pleasurable even if it’s only a sit down with a cup of tea.
How about putting on some upbeat music whilst you wrap. Doesn’t need to be Christmas songs.
Are you able to exercise? That lifts the spirits. Again good music whilst walking around the living room feels good. If the weather is bad I often do that and walk around 2-3 miles without even going out.
If you don’t feel like the hassle of putting a tree up then don’t. Give it a rest this year and don’t feel guilty. Don’t put pressure on yourself. Some years mine goes up and some years it doesn’t depending upon if I can be bothered.
If you want to add a quick festive touch just take some of your tree decorations and place them around the room. Lay tinsel on window ledges, around the TV or wherever you fancy. It looks pretty but is quick and hassle free.
However, whatever you decide to do or not do don’t beat yourself up about it.
I definitely want to spend the day with my granddaughter it’s more my sons MIL she’s ok but after a while she really gets on my nerves but don’t want to go into detail on here let’s just say at times I have to bite my tongue quite hard.

Thanks for you input I really do appreciate it
Old 5 Dec 20, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I definitely want to spend the day with my granddaughter it’s more my sons MIL she’s ok but after a while she really gets on my nerves but don’t want to go into detail on here let’s just say at times I have to bite my tongue quite hard.

Thanks for you input I really do appreciate it
You are welcome. My daughter and I feel the same about her husbands mum ha ha.
She is the tiniest skinniest stingiest most miserable person imaginable. Luckily this year she isn’t coming! I feel your pain.
Old 5 Dec 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I lost my mum on 12th December that was long times ago and I do feel sad on Xmas period.

But I get on with it and try my best for my family.

I think you have anti depression and I have been through last July and I went to doctor because I cannot be bother to anything and feel sad.

Maybe I am wrong but it sound to me.

I got tablets but it do help me now I feel a bit better. I hate tablets and I don't believe it but actually it work for me.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 10:08 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
I lost my mum on 12th December that was long times ago and I do feel sad on Xmas period.

But I get on with it and try my best for my family.

I think you have anti depression and I have been through last July and I went to doctor because I cannot be bother to anything and feel sad.

Maybe I am wrong but it sound to me.

I got tablets but it do help me now I feel a bit better. I hate tablets and I don't believe it but actually it work for me.
It’s hard losing a parent anytime but the anniversary around the festive season can make it feel worse.
I lost my mum on New Year’s Eve 1999 so I find New Year quite a difficult time.
I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better now though
Old 6 Dec 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We have all had a ≈≈≈≈ year the crappiest year ever for many, I have not had any pay since February and my Mum is still in hospital. well nursing home (since Dec 2019). We cant do what we usually do and Xmas eve is my favourite night of the year. I can't usually be bothered with decorations anyway but DD and DW love it so started putting them up yesterday.

However crappy you year has been, however low you feel not "doing" Christmas will only make things worse.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
However crappy you year has been, however low you feel not "doing" Christmas will only make things worse.
I could not agree more and said the same to a recently bereaved friend. She is now way ahead of me in the decorations front.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Absolutely agree Sew. Not doing Christmas would be so much worse than a different Christmas for many.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List