Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Dec 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

The others have worked xmas eve the last few years and this year will be the same so as per usual I'll spend the day doing xmas activities and baking some cookies for santa with the youngest. I'll pop the gammon in the slow cooker.
We have gone out for a meal previously but will probably end up getting a takeaway(to support local business)instead. We'll watch some xmas movies and the kids will have their xmas eve gift.

Sdd wants to come over with the grandkids but I'm trying to get out of that as much as I'd love to see them I know they will have been mixing with lots of other people
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just the same as usual but for 6 people not just DH and I and trying to get a 3 year old to bed
Prep dinner listening to carols from the kings and a very simple tea then a glass or two of wine and a movie before Santa visits
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I usually spend the daytime prepping the Christmas Day dinner and tables for 16 people, then out for dinner, then home to open the Christmas Eve boxes, jammies on and watch polar express. None of that this year!

This year with only my parents coming there will be no prep needed, and no dinner out.

So I’m planning a lazy day of Christmas movies, a walk if it’s dry then I’ve ordered a festive family platter from a local lad who has set up his own business during lockdown when the restaurant he was chef in closed down.

Then we will be in our PJs watching polar express as usual. Quite looking forward to the simplicity of it to be honest.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Usually we would either work panto until 8 and then meet my parents in the pub. Or we would work panto until 5 and then have a buffet and games night at ours.

This year I’m working until 7 (obviously not on Panto. Thanks tier 3 😡&#128148 but my parents and my sister and her boyfriend are coming round for nibbles and games still I can’t wait!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
During the day it’s a peeling chopping cooking day. Then we don’t have specific traditions. If it’s not chucking it down we might go for a walk to look at the decorations in peoples houses. Once the kids are in bed at 6:30pm we might play some games or watch TV or just crack open the champers and chat. Goodness knows what we will eat. We have two diabetics, one vegan, and one pescatarian.
Well every day is a learning day on here. I have never heard of a Pescatarian so had to Google it.

Sounds healthy and not too hard to work around.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
We normally go to the Christingle service,🍊 then have a Chinese. 🎄
Us too.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooops I was supposed to post this in the Christmas section 🎄🎄🤣🤣🤣
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We visit 3 of the children and see all 10 grandchildren and deliver the pressies, also popping to see my baby son and granddaughter who we lost to cot deaths and put wreaths on their graves (2 different graveyards), we had planned lunch at a nice local restaurant,
This year we’re tier 3 so likely to be window visits, and the restaurant is doing takeaway (unless by some miracle we become tier 2), then home for a glass or two of something, tv, movie and a buffet supper...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Nice walk, delivering presents, then an afternoon film and takeaway in the evening 😉
This will not be our usual Christmas Eve sadly ☹️
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I usually cook the meat and prep the veg Christmas eve. So we will either have hot gammon baguettes and nibbles and a Christmas movie or a takeaway. We was leaving Palm Springs for Santa Monica last Christmas eve. 😢
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List