Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Dec 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
As the parent and wife of diabetics. One meal/evening really isn’t a problem you need to worry about. It’s not a food related condition. My DD’s celiac causes more meal times headaches for me than her diabetes!
Sounds like us. My mum has diabetes and I have coeliac disease. It’s always me that causes the most problems. I am hosting this year and everything is going to be gluten free because it’s easier. My mum doesn’t have any requirements/requests and will have anything.

I went to my partner’s nan’s last year (funnily enough she’s also diabetic), and it was a bit of a minefield. They did try their best, but they did me gluten free versions of things like Yorkshire’s and gravy, instead of doing gluten free for everyone and it ended up a cross contamination nightmare. At one point the gravy was being whisked with the same whisk for both the gluten and non gluten gravy😱.

Edited at 06:06 PM.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Normally we have Buffett food from M&S and a few drinks
This year I’m having Pie and Mash and eels complete with liquor and chilli vinegar delivered from a shop in London that we went to when we first met.Its a surprise for DH and DS is in on it .Funnily enough I ordered it this morning and only found it was available due to a fantastic Dibber
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

If we in tier 3 move down a tier hubby and I have a Christmas Eve booking for a local restaurant as there will just be us 2. If not we will get a takeaway and have a few drinks at home ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We usually go to the cinema about 2pm then out for a meal , and when we get back have a few drinks and do the santa bit. We have a 6 year old granddaughter who will be very excited. This year it's a movie at home and DH is doing a crown roast of lamb ,we are all going to our son and family on Christmas day
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
Sounds like us. My mum has diabetes and I have coeliac disease. It’s always me that causes the most problems. I am hosting this year and everything is going to be gluten free because it’s easier. My mum doesn’t have any requirements/requests and will have anything.

I went to my partner’s nan’s last year (funnily enough she’s also diabetic), and it was a bit of a minefield. They did try their best, but they did me gluten free versions of things like Yorkshire’s and gravy, instead of doing gluten free for everyone and it ended up a cross contamination nightmare. At one point the gravy was being whisked with the same whisk for both the gluten and non gluten gravy😱.
Eeek! We are a 90% GF household with strict cross contamination procedures in place. Eating out isn’t too bad but eating at someone else’s house is a pain in the butt!
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I will be prepping for xmas day dinner, then a walk and our friends are coming for a few nights on xmas eve late afternoon,

I have ordered afternoon tea from a local lady for xmas eve which we will have when they arrive with bubbles!

xxx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Firstly i will be doing M&S collection, heading into town early, probably a mcDs breakfast! Then later on we having a winter picnic on the moors with mu mum and sister with soup, sausage rolls, pigs in blanketsand warm mince pies and custard.
After that heading home for a film and light tea, and a large glass of Baileys, well we have to open it for Santa so it would be rude not to have some! Then a nice pamper bath and bed.
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I'll be working. I may leave the office about 3pm but as I'll be getting al the food from Waitrose entertaining or whatever it's called, there will be very little prep if any, this year I will Nip to my Mums though and leave her Pressies by her gate
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

We usually have a buffet party food or takeaway.this year I’ve ordered a family time together hamper from piglets pantry after seeing recommendations on here!
I’m hoping it’s all ok and can’t think how much I need to add to it ,if at all 🤔
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I usually spend the daytime prepping the Christmas Day dinner and tables for 16 people, then out for dinner, then home to open the Christmas Eve boxes, jammies on and watch polar express. None of that this year!

This year with only my parents coming there will be no prep needed, and no dinner out.

So I’m planning a lazy day of Christmas movies, a walk if it’s dry then I’ve ordered a festive family platter from a local lad who has set up his own business during lockdown when the restaurant he was chef in closed down.

Then we will be in our PJs watching polar express as usual. Quite looking forward to the simplicity of it to be honest.
After seeing your lovely decorations on IG I’m sure you will enjoy a quieter day . Think we will all be grateful to be with our loved ones this year .
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List