Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 12, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKER-BEAU
Excited about Disney

I got one from e-bay last year , 6 bed with pool heat 2weeks in Feb for £1200.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
TINKER-BEAU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I'm not buying the place.
2000 is cheap, remember you get what you pay for!

J
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

We're paying £2400 for two weeks for a 7 bedroom villa next July. There are 14 of us going so I think it's a pretty good deal. It works out at £170pp. I've just paid £665 for a week in a cottage in the Isle of Wight which sleeps 4 so £166pp, no swimming pool, no hot tub and no where near as big lol. I think we've got a good deal.

Happiness is being with my horse
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

£2000 for a massive villa seems reasonable to me my family rent a house for 8 of us every year in Scotland and that cost £2700 for 1 week.
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have found that the larger the villa the larger the main rooms, pool and deck are.

I think it all depends on how much the renter has paid for their fixtures and fittings and the home itself .. and how well maintained the villa is.

I have paid cheap and got cheap but also paid more and got luxury so I would say it all depends on what your expectations are regarding the actual home.

as has been said earlier their are a lot less 7 and 8 bedroom homes so less competition in the market ..

the cost is still very good £62.50 a week per person for luxury accommodation is not expensive IMO

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bert
Excited about Disney

Considering the rate I'd say it's not bad at all, id personally avoid the lower end as you always get what you pay for inthe end. Hardly a rip off folks. Enjoy your villa

Bert
4th - 2012 - 2012 "pythons eat pies blah blah" index
Reclining anxiety... Really?
Bert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have travelled to Florida since I was a child and the villa prices nowadays are so high for what you actually get. My father used to own and rent villas so I also have first hand knowledge of the ins and out of a villa and I am taking into consideration the cost of living going up but serious £1000 a week is in my opinion far to much.

I haven't named names or put links up I am just saying that the cost for a 6/7 bed villa is a lot of money for what you actually get.

Oh and I wasn't taking about renting off here. I was talking in general.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I am a family of four and if we went with my sister in law and her family that would be a family of 5. We would need a 7 possibly 8 bedroom villa (if we chose to share). If we split the cost of the villa that would be £1000 per family for the 2 weeks. I don't think thats bad, but thats my opinion.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Would you consider £1000 a week too much for staying on site as alot of people on here do that and it's usually for one room. Remember you are renting a house that has 6-7 bedrooms - a house. You say that you travelled to Florida since you were a child and villa prices are so much higher now...but then so are alot of things. Prices of everything has gone up and I've heard far too many horror stories (some on here) that when people try to do things on the cheap that they then end up with problems...or no villa at all.
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cosmo_kramer View Post
Would you consider £1000 a week too much for staying on site as alot of people on here do that and it's usually for one room. Remember you are renting a house that has 6-7 bedrooms - a house. You say that you travelled to Florida since you were a child and villa prices are so much higher now...but then so are alot of things. Prices of everything has gone up and I've heard far too many horror stories (some on here) that when people try to do things on the cheap that they then end up with problems...or no villa at all.
Well put Cosmo.

The difference between the cost of a hotel and villas is staggering, and you all get to enjoy the experience together when sharing a villa. Good and bad lol

J
Closed Thread