Notices

Old 11 Aug 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Travel Day

Writing this from the Hard Rock Hotel, Orlando - we've arrived! Yesterday was travel day which started with breakfast at the Premier Inn - always a family favourite!

No one was feeling really hungry this morning - combination of excitement and an early start, I think. I went straight for the cooked breakfast - always scrummy! The egg was tastier than it looked on the plate!

This was N's first attempt - slightly pathetic, although to be fair some of it may have been eaten before the picture was taken!

This was his next plate - a better effort. He has a Premier Inn breakfast system which involves getting toast first, then piling on the cooked food to make a giant sandwich... this was the making of the sandwich, just before the sauce and lid went on!

My next bowl - fruit salad, granola, dried fruit and yogurt - nom nom. After I had eaten it I did question whether I should have eaten prunes just before a flight... 🤔 Pleased to report no in flight incidents...

This was J's bizarre breakfast! He was really not loving being up early...

L was with us, but no pics of her breakfast. Think she was just quietly getting on with it in the corner!

Flight food... this was Chicken in Tarragon sauce, with broccoli, carrots and potatoes. This was actually really hot and tasty - one of the best plane meals I've ever had. Could have just done with it being a bit bigger!

This came with a rock hard bread roll,crackers and cheese, a chocolate orange mousse and a chocolate.

Surprisingly delicious!

Chocolate Orange mousse - so scrummy L managed 2!

J didn't eat the plane food and refused to have it anywhere near him! He had got a meal deal from WHSmiths at the airport of a ham sandwich, fruit and drink. N & I also got a meal deal - which may, or may not, have resulted in first family tiff of the holiday during the decision making process! I was glad that we did because there really was not a lot of food given on the flight and J ended up eating some of N's sandwich too.

There were some jelly beans bought round st some point, but I was snoozing so missed those.

Then later on we got afternoon tea - cheese sandwich and scone. I'm not eating cheese at the moment as it seems to not be my friend anymore and gives me a sore tummy - so I think N ended up eating all of those (yes - 4 of them!) The sandwich had been passed to him before I took the pic - sorry!

Scone was Ok and out of Roddas cream always a treat, and reminds me of my Gran, which is nice!

Seasoned Dibbers would have been horrified by our ineptness at arrival to Sanford. After getting off the plane fairly promptly, N decided to check if he had picked up his reading glasses (yes, we have got to that age!) - couldn't find them in his bag so had to go back to the plane to get them. Wasn't allowed back on, so after everyone had got off someone else had to go on to look - they were sitting on his seat!

We were the second to last family in the immigration queue! Just glad we were the only international flight coming in to the airport! Then my finger prints would not register at all... he asked me to put hand cream on - nothing.., I must have had 4 or 5 attempts with both hands. In the end he gave up, think he thought I had alien fingers!

By the time we were through we were the very last people... and our bags were just sitting there waiting for us (so that was a bonus - we didn't have to wait for them!) By the time we got the hire car it was over 1 1/2 hours since we had landed!

Anyway - we managed to get on our way to find some more food - I had downloaded HereWeGo maps and put a Steak n Shake location in, so decided to head there. We had never been before and wanted to try something new to us... as it was we spotted one before the one we were headed to and pulled up.

We hadn't realised that it was waiter service but it was quick, tasty and easy and the staff there were really friendly.

This was mine - burger with buffalo and ranch sauce, plus fries from the 2 for $3 menu!

L got a hot dog and fries, again from the 2 for $3 menu.

N got a Royale steak burger - which had 2 burgers, cheese, bacon and a fried egg. He says that it's not a proper holiday unless you manage to get a fried egg on your burger!

J went for a patty - 2 burgers and cheese in toast!

N & I stuck to Diet Coke to drink while the kids had shakes. This was J's Oreo and Cream one - it was huge and he definitely enjoyed this!

L went for a banana one.

These were both half price as we were there for happy hour! Half price shakes between 2pm & 5pm during the week - so $1.50 for L's and $3 for J's as his was a speciality one - they were both huge!

The total for all our food and drinks at Steak n Shake was $23.97. They were really friendly in here so we left $30.

We noticed there was a Target just behind us, so managed to squeeze in a quick shop for breakfast stuff before finally getting to the hotel, checking in, unpacking and getting to bed!

The room is great - it's a deluxe queen room, which means we have 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa - it's a great size. We are on the 6th floor with a view of the gardens... after a little faffing around getting bedding for the pull out we were soon settled and have had a good nights sleep ready for our day at Universal... thanks for reading - will post today's food later!

Edited at 11:54 AM. Reason: More information
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 11 Aug 18 11:41 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to following along 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Great start steak & shake looks good and soo cheap.
Looking forward to reading along have a great time.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Steak & Shake is a firm favourite of ours. What a palaver with getting off the plane and through immigration. At least you're there now.

In answer to your question on the other thread, by the way, I don't think you can multi-quote on the app, only on a desktop.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant travel day, steak and shake seems so cheap, shakes look delicious!
Old 11 Aug 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start

Joan
Old 11 Aug 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Leaving glasses on the plane 😤😤😤
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Steak & Shake is a firm favourite of ours. What a palaver with getting off the plane and through immigration. At least you're there now.

In answer to your question on the other thread, by the way, I don't think you can multi-quote on the app, only on a desktop.
Thank you - I was hoping to be able to do one of those fancies replies which manage to respond to everyone! Looks like I won’t manage that on my phone! Will try to do it when I get back home...
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great travel day, well apart from the glasses . I love your cartoons - how do you do them? I too have no idea how to reply to more than one thread at a time . Looking forward to following along.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List