Notices

Old 23 Apr 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 15 - Shopping, Applebees & Golf 7.4.17

Day 15 - Shopping, Applebees & Golf 7.4.17

Walked - not sure as tracker is now officially broken !

Spent - $285.76 - on debit card

Should point out that yesterday we spent the last of our cash spending money so todays spends is paid using DH's Santander visa debit card. That's $3000 spent over 14 days for a family of 5 eating out at least once a day, paying Disney parking and plenty of shopping purchased. This is pretty much the normal spending for our Florida holidays over the past few years. I've read a lot of posts recently where people are asking about the costs of things and worrying they won't have enough because of rising costs. I'd say to those people not to worry and that it can easily be done. I don't feel we've been strict at all with our spending and we have bought a LOT. If we cut out our shopping we could holiday on half the amount of spending money with no problem. Maybe it's because I like my bargains, I don't know as that's just how I am all the time! And just because we don't eat at high end places doesn't mean we don't eat well. So any readers who might be first timers or budget travelers I hope my report has helped reassure a little

So the morning was spent assessing how much we had actually bought and wether we would need to buy another suitcase! We came out with two large cases and a carry on each but we had taken 2 extra holdalls packed in the cases. I'm happy to report that with my careful packing skills another case wasn't necessary and we even had enough room to do some last day shopping... yay lol !

After going through all our purchases I had noted that I hadn't really bought much for DS3 so that's what I was after today and just any other last minute bargains I spotted!

While we packed the boys had a play in the pool for the last time of the holiday

After this we got ready and it was before lunch time when we left the villa and decided to head along Osceola Pkwy and stop in at the shops along there. Some sort of wildfire had broke out in the woodland area just up ahead that would probably be quite close to Disney grounds. We could hear sirens going mad and the smell of the fire was so strong. ***see first pic

We went in to Five and Below first. Spent $56.98 on the most random things...including more bloomin Five Nights At Freddy's stuff! DH has checked his bank statement and for each transaction he was charged £1.25 by Santander. $56.98 was £47.40.

Marshall's next. $112.86 (£1.25 +£93.88) was spent on a load of things. Some gorgeous Laura Ashley baby grows for my unborn niece $5.50each

For DS1 an Air Jordan hoody $18 and RL Polo $16

For DS2 adidas hoody $16 and trackies $12, CK boxers $5.99

For DS3 white RL tshirt $8 and orange CK tshirt $6 (others are from Ross)

Ross next where $56.92 (£1.25 + 47.35) was spent. The Tommy Hilfiger tshirts in above pic for DS3 were $7.99 each.

I got a rose pink lacy top $3.99 and this adidas hoody was from Marshall's reduced to $12:

And here is my favourite purchase... Michael Kors silver sandals reduced to ... $13.99! The pics don't do them justice!

After all the shopping we were hungry by this point and agreed on a late lunch/early dinner in Applebee's.

DH and I had the $20 deal... x1 appetizer and x2 entrees. We had boneless buffalo wings to start. They were so good!

And for main DH had Caprese burger:

And I had Fiesta Lime Chicken. I really enjoyed this and struggled to finish it!

DS1 had kids grilled cheese

DS2 had kids cheeseburgers

And surprise surprise DS3 had kids chicken tenders!

All the food was really good and wished we had gone here earlier in the holiday as we would probably have went more than the once!

Bill came to $49.18 (£1.25 + £40.90) and we had some spare dollars I found in my bag so left $10 tip.

I threw it out there that since it was our last night why don't we go back to one of the Disney parks one last time. No one could agree which park as we all wanted to go to different ones! After weighing it up we decided against it and the boys all wanted one last round of mini golf so settled on that idea instead. We headed to Winter Summerland this time.

I absolutely love the theming here, it's great! We chose the summer course. We are all quite competitive as a family. Well they all are, I'm not really and I'm actually pretty hopeless at mini golf but I try my best. I believe I did get a hole in one at the Fireplace hole

After golf we said goodbye to Disney and headed along the 192 and popped in to the Nike Clearance store. We spent $53.16 (£1.25 + 44.22). I got a pair of trackies for around the house for $10.47. Another pair of footie boots for DS1 $13.99 and trainers for DS3 $24.99.

Walmart next! We spent $36.67 (£1.25 + £30.51) on random bits n bobs, last minute gifts and snacks for the plane tomorrow.

We were pretty hungry again by this point so stopped in at Little Caesar's for some take out since we had cleared the fridge this morning in the villa. For two pizzas and wings it cost $22.03 (£1.25 + £18.32). The pizza was delicious!

PJs on we sat on the couch in the villa stuffing our faces and watching tv for the last time. I hate the last night, it's always so sad!

Homeward bound tomorrow

lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 23 Apr 17 5:11 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good last day's shopping

Joan
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great last day shopping The sandals look lovely in the last picture where your wearing them, the other pics definitely don't do them justice, great bargain!
Those pizzas look gorgeous
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some really good last day shopping and the pizza looks delicious.
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report
Last day is always sad x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List