Notices

Old 8 Jul 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 14

Made it to our first ever morning magic hours this morning in the 10 years we've been coming to Disney world. DH was on the marceline to the magic kingdom your so DD and I went to MK where we got a bacon, egg and Gouda sandwich from Starbucks for breakfast, this was $5.69, it was pretty good but could have done with more bacon and Gouda, it was mostly egg. DD also had a banana for $1.99.

For lunch we went to steak and shake just past crossroads. I had the double garlic steak burger with fires with Parmesan cheese and herb topping. This was amazing, the burger was so juicy! Probably something to do with the tonnes of garlic butter on it but it was so good! The fries were really good too but I'm not sure theropods actually added much too them. This was $3.99 and an extra $0.29 for the topping on the fries.

DH had the double original steak burger. He really enjoyed this and said it was very good. This was also $3.99.

DD had the corn dog nuggets and fries, as you can see she couldn't wait to start. This was $2.50 plus $0.99 for the fries. She really enjoyed these and DH and I finished them off.

We also ordered a shake each, I got the chocolate brownie milkshake, this was delicious, really creamy proper milkshake with loads of brownie pieces in it, it was like a meal in itself. This was $3.69 and well worth it.

DH and DD both got a chocolate milkshake and both really enjoyed these. They have an amazing choice of milkshake flavours here including salted caramel pretzel, m&ms, peanut butter & cookie dough. This came to a total of $22. Absolute bargain and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

After an afternoon nap we went to downtown Disney for some dinner and chose T-Rex. Like many dibbers before us we had signed up for the landrys card as it was DHs birthday this month so we took advantage of the $25 welcome credit and $25 birthday credit. We were seated about 2 minutes after arriving and were taken to a table in the forest section.

The theming in here is immense and they have a 'meteor shower' every 15 minutes which is pretty cool.

I had the porkasaurus burger. This was pretty good, there was loads of pulled pork inside with coleslaw and onion straws. The waffle fries were really tasty but I little cold when they came out but I ate them anyway.

DH had the paleo shrimp. He said this was alright, nothing spectacular but he enjoyed it.

DD had the cheese pizza with a side of apple slices and a Coke. She didn't eat a lot of the pizza as she was more interested in the apple slices, I tried the pizza and thought it was pretty good.

I had a lemonade with my meal and DH got a Coke. When the bill came it was $58, we handed over the landrys card and the total them came to $6 which we thought was pretty good. You can definitely get better meals off site for the equivalent $58, but using the Landry card made this a decent place to eat.

When we got back DH had one of the dining plan snacks from the fridge, this was a turkey leg crispy treat.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Making me hungry
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely going to try steak and shake this year.
Old 8 Jul 16, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yum! That looks delicious! 😊
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Gotta love steak n shake.great report
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Wow that's amazing prices for those portions at Steak n Shake, will give it a try this time. x
Old 9 Jul 16, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More good looking food

Joan
Old 9 Jul 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 9 Jul 16 10:45 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some nice looking food again. I think a turkey leg crispie is the only way I'd eat a turkey leg!
Old 21 Jul 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

never been to steak and shake before but so want to try it this year I just looked at the menu..so much choice and those milkshakes mmmmmm