Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We had a fabulous holiday on Harmony of the seas when our daughter was a similar age. There is so much to do for teens especially.
We booked a promenade cabin. This was priced the same as inside cabin but there was a window looking out to the promenade with shops and bars. People couldn’t see in because the cabins were quite high up but it was great for us to people watch while sat on the window seat. It had the advantage of not feeling quite so enclosed as in an inside cabin and much lighter and also had the window seat as extra seating. The windows were triple glazed and when shut there was no noise which I had been worried about beforehand.

I would agree with others about the drinks package. We bought the refreshment non alcoholic package, we bought and cancelled this several times before the cruise. There are regular sales especially around holiday weekends. I checked the cruise planner all the time for reductions for drinks and excursions. We found the drinks to be incredibly expensive on Royal Caribbean so we’re glad we had the drinks package. We bought glasses of wine and I’m sure they were $12 each and that was 3 years ago !

This is the type of cabin we had
Cabin looks good-I like the idea of being able sit and people watch!
JoJim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We just got off the anthem for the second time. We always go for a balcony on a reasonably high floor and check that there is nothing noisy above or below. This time we were on deck 11, our cabin was lovely and quiet but the cruise was only at 25% capacity!
I paid £48 per night for my drinks package but I did see it at £44 and missed it. My husband doesn’t drink so had the refreshment package which I believe was £27? He had thinks like Diet Coke, ginger ale, non alcoholic cocktails, fresh juice, bottles of waters and flavoured vitamin water and coffee/hot chocolate from the patisserie. I was drinking 5 alcoholic drinks per day and 3 none alcoholic and getting my money’s worth but it was a struggle to drink at that level for the whole week. On the other hand it’s nice to jus have what you want and not think about it.
I think I’m going to look at what rooms are available and view them on another device to see what’s above/below and check reviews.
Do you need to book drink packages for children too?
JoJim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We sailed Anthem of the Seas a few years ago, with our son who was approx 15 at the time, we booked a Junior Suite, so that we had a bit more room space for three of us, and loved it. He made friends on day one, playing five a side at the seaplex, and we pretty much didnt see him again after that, apart from the odd dinner! The ship had so much to do, and lots of great restaurants too. There are some photos in our trip report linked below. We booked via Seascanner.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by JoJim View Post
I think I’m going to look at what rooms are available and view them on another device to see what’s above/below and check reviews.
Do you need to book drink packages for children too?
Usually you have to purchase the soda package for the children which is around £8.50 per day.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
We’ve sailed RCI five or six times and love it.

Always an interior cabin for us - we literally sleep and shower/dress in the cabin and it’s the best sleep we have all year as it’s so dark . We’d rather spend the extra £ on spends but each to their own as I know some would never sail without a balcony.

Drinks package book ASAP then check your planner daily and rebook if the price goes down. I did that four or five times the last cruise we did and ended up paying £37pppd which is well worth it for us as it includes cocktails, water, soda, coffee (nice coffee) and fresh orange. We aren’t big drinkers but at $13 a cocktail…

Pic of our interior cabin 8147 I think it was. Ignore DH

Drinks package book ASAP then check your planner daily and rebook if the price goes down. I did that four or five times the last cruise we did and ended up paying £37pppd which is well worth it for us as it includes cocktails, water, soda, coffee (nice coffee) and fresh orange. We aren’t big drinkers but at $13 a cocktail…

Agreed with this as it is deluxe Beverage Package and we purchased it while cruise with Sympony of the Seas in halloween times and it was worthing as we took bottle of water too for our tours that was include too. Every night we had latte as the staff remember our names We worked out and it save our money.

Cococay - beautiful swimming pool with bar and I end up with different cocktails.

We again purchased it for Anthem of the seas next year

About room we booked balcony and Sympony of the Seas was 14th floor omg. beautiful room and we booked Anthem of the sea balcony but it is gty. wait until February 2022.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 11:43 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Black Friday sale is always best sale to buy drinks package. Balcony cabin would be fab. Nothing like sitting out out there listening to the sound of the waves go by. You can't go wrong with deck 8. Amazing holiday can't wait to go again.
Old 21 Aug 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for advice!
Think we will go for balcony, as the suites that are left are imo too expensive. When we cruised dcl and went concierge we didn’t think the difference was worth the extra $’s.
We will definitely book the drinks package and keep an eye on prices.
I can’t find any gty rooms.
My DD only really drinks milk or water, but I guess for bottled water she will need the soda package.