Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Rebooking BA before flight cancellation through?

Hi all,

I’m one of those patiently (or in my case - not so patiently!) waiting for BA to cancel our October flights.

My dates for next year have opened up today, and I’m debating whether to book now or wait for my cancellation and move.

I had extremely good prices for October, and so if the flights were moved to next summer free of charge that would be amazing, although I’ve also heard on here that some people’s car hire has gone up by £1500.

I’ve today seen opening prices for Tampa flights inc car hire which would cost me about £1200 more than my oct booking and so I’m debating just booking those instead.

What would you do? Wait and hope that BA will move the flights, and that the car hire increase isn’t so bad, or bite the bullet and book these?

Presumably then when BA eventually cancel my flight, I would just get a refund of that deposit? If by some miraculous reason it doesn’t get cancelled, would they allow me to apply the deposit voucher to the Tampa booking?

Many thanks for your thoughts - I just want this over with now (until next year at least!) 😂
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

If it isn't cancelled, you can't apply a voucher to an existing booking, it has to be a new one. I feel your pain. I'm in exactly the same position.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

I’m in a similar situation, I feel like BA have woken up to people wanting to move for free, so they’re trying to force people’s hands into paying the balance before cancelling. I wouldn’t be surprised if they cancelled it the day after my balance was due, from their perspective then if I moved it for free they could hold on to my cash.
It’s a tough one - we were in a similar predicament a few weeks ago but decided to carry on and not move it - in to the bitter end, and if it came to it, we would fly in October.
Good luck with your decision 🤞🤞
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caro View Post
If it isn't cancelled, you can't apply a voucher to an existing booking, it has to be a new one. I feel your pain. I'm in exactly the same position.
Ah that’s rubbish 😢 do you have to use the voucher for a new flight? (Just wondering if perhaps I can do a separate hotel room booking or something?)
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

We are in the same boat. Had an amazing deal for our BA fly drive for this Oct & would like to move the booking to August next year to retain the flight prices. I’m not too bothered about the car hire part increasing at this stage, car hire is extortionate everywhere just now so it’s not just a BA thing. I think the car hire prices will fall when the hire companies can finally buy new cars again to restock so our plan is to rebook a much cheaper class of car and then when prices fall, phone to upgrade it and lock in the new price. We did this is in 2019 when an AVIS sale was on and secured a much better car and a refund of £150! Couldn’t believe BA would do that when I saw others did it but they did. If car hire is still as expensive come Aug 22 then it will be the same everywhere and we’ll just need to pay it.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caro View Post
I thought that, but they allowed me to apply my voucher from October onto a pre-existing booking next year. It reduced my balance.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I thought that, but they allowed me to apply my voucher from October onto a pre-existing booking next year. It reduced my balance.
I'm a little annoyed by that because they wouldn't let me do it
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List