Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Hi Softy, they keep telling me on live chat that all holiday team agents are unavailable and as they’re flight only they can’t help. And that was after a long queue. Any tips on how to get through?! I’ve tried calling but same response or worse, the dreaded cut off!
When I want holidays I get on at 7.55am and start bashing speak to an agent until I get through. Normally I’m in single figures in the queue and by the time I get through there’s still space for them to put me through to holidays. Anytime after 8 and it’s a nightmare/pot luck.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Thank you - I will try next week. I tried at 8 and couldn’t get through to anyone other than flight only.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Thank you - I will try next week. I tried at 8 and couldn’t get through to anyone other than flight only.
Yeah, it will always go to flight only initially.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I think it’s been mentioned across a few threads to you that when your balance is due you can get a full refund. No need to pay the balance. Call/live chat at 8am when it opens.
If you can get through, which has to be the biggest problem here. In theory straightforward. In reality it’s a complete nightmare unless you’re willing to dedicate a whole day or many many hours trying……and we still got nowhere!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I am due to fly 16-30th to Tampa. Have been patiently waiting like the rest of you but I have found a really good price for a trip to the Maldives that wound be around for long. (It’s not a BA holiday)
My question is, how confident are we that Biden will definitely not open the boarders in the next month? Personally, I think it will be end of this year at the earliest but by husband has just said “what if we book the Maldives and then Florida opens” We would then end up with two holidays booked for same dates! I have not seen anything indicating US boarders will open soon, so why are BA holding out the latest cancellations? I know I can cancel Florida now and get a voucher, but I’m hoping to transfer my BA flights to Easter or summer holidays which are both currently double the price we paid for October!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Beapay
Trying for More Ears

We’re exactly the same. Whilst I know there’s no chance of borders opening, I’m worried about cancelling the booking, just in case a miracle happens!
Beapay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRebex
VIP Dibber

Same boat here, looking to book Tenerife instead. Got a good price but my flights to Florida still haven’t been cancelled…
PrincessRebex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

So we don’t have anything else booked for our two weeks in October ( apart from a £100 uk caravan holiday)

Balance due next Friday, I’m happy to pay it ( with BA) amd hold out till the last minute for cancellation
However if the flight isn’t cancelled and goes and borders are still closed will BA refund us?!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
misswylie
Excited about Disney

Devastated for us October ones 💔 we were due to fly on the 21st October and I had full faith. I start a new job 02nov so no changing for us 💔 august 2022 it is.
misswylie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I got a text from BA at lunchtime saying I can have a refund for my October half term NYC trip if I wanted. Felt a little strange and out of the blue. Makes sense now given this announcement.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List