Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I want to go in May 2022 but won’t be spending any money on flights. I’ve got Wyndham/RCI timeshare so I don’t really have that financial commitment to the resort as I’ve already paid it and can get my points back or sell my reservation, but I wont be putting “new” money down in the form of flights, car hire and theme park tickets until there is some official direction of things, as it’s just common sense.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We moved our cancelled September flights to May at no additional cost. Everything else we managed to get refunds on and have rebooked at either low deposit loss or free cancellation. We’ve used refunded money to pay in full for the things that need it such as car hire as it was sitting as a credit on the cc anyway. Just waiting to see if we can get as good an annual pass rate on Hard Rock as we had for this year.
If May turns out to be a non-starter we’ll decide based on the situation at the time what to do. I imagine if May is out so will September so we may just cut our losses for 2022. Honestly don’t want to think too much about that prospect and would rather be optimistic that May will happen.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sakiki
Earning My Ears

Well, we have a 22-day trip booked for late November-into December 2022, staying in a villa. We originally booked the flights and car with Virgin Holidays in January 2020, for November 2021 for WDW 50th, then in January 2021 we deferred it for 12 months. The villa was booked through Vrbo and the owners have also been very accommodating and helpful over our new dates.

We hope to still be able to go although WDW is currently off the table due to the removal of so many elements and the imposition of so many new things that we regard as detrimental to the overall experience. We’ve always booked a 14 day WDW ticket in the past but we now plan to just see what might be available on any given day on a day-by-day basis, and if there’s nothing then so be it. We haven’t visited Universal or Busch Gardens since 1997 or Seaworld since 2001, and anyway there’s a lot more to central Florida than theme parks…

It may all come down to whether Virgin Atlantic is still in business by this time next year…
sakiki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Oh, poo.
I really want to book and have been feeling optimistic but urgh, maybe it’s best to wait?
I’d just love to have a really nice holiday before DS heads off to Uni.
For years we’d been looking forward to the end of GCSE’s summer and planning how we’d spend it. Of course we missed out on that.
I just don’t want to lose the end of A-level possibilities too 😫😫😫
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nope. Until borders open with no restrictions and then WDW if the DDP is in place if not it’s IDrive or Universal. I thought I’d be looking at my 2022 September flights soon but I’m booking nothing until I know I’m not going to lose money
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tommys
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

tommys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just booked Flights hotels and car hire for April / May doing a bit of a road trip only parks we are doing will be discovery cove / seaworld
tommys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We've booked 14 nights in a WDW hotel for August 2022, however if the flight prices don't come down we will have to rethink our plans.
I was feeling quite optimistic when we booked it, and I know there's still nearly a year to go, but right now I'm not actually sure I want to travel. I seem to fluctuate daily.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydevotee
Gone all Goofy

4 Orlando trips cancelled,have transferred next months to July,know may not happen but as a family trying to stay positive,hanging on with hope it COULD happen.
Disneydevotee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I want to go in May 2022 but won’t be spending any money on flights. I’ve got Wyndham/RCI timeshare so I don’t really have that financial commitment to the resort as I’ve already paid it and can get my points back or sell my reservation, but I wont be putting “new” money down in the form of flights, car hire and theme park tickets until there is some official direction of things, as it’s just common sense.
So most people booking for 2022 with refundable, relatively low deposits are showing no common sense rather than waiting for prices to inevitably rise once the go ahead is given to go?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

We've booked flights, BA so voucher/refund if we don't go, plus booked refundable villa, hotels and car hire.
Our Universal annual pass will be reactivated if we get there otherwise on hold.
Not sure what to do about Disney tickets - don't want to buy until the borders are open, but if there is no fast pass, then I don't think it will make any difference?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List