Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

Virgin A330-200

Couldn’t see a thread that this would fit into, so thought I’d create this one.

Virgin Atlantic have now formally retired 2 out of the 4 A330-200s in their fleet.

G-VMIK headed to Ireland for scrapping 2 days ago, while G-VLNM left the fleet in November 2020 at Düsseldorf. It’s expected that the other 2 A330-200 won’t make it to Summer 2022 either.

To back that up, Currently, the Virgin schedules show 4 A330-200 based at Manchester for summer 2022 (with the Manchester base also supplying the aircraft and crew for the Edinburgh flights too), and thus its now impossible for there to be 4 based. Therefore, the seat plans will almost certainly change for summer 2022 at Manchester and Edinburgh, so one to keep an eye on.

Hope this helps someone.
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you…. I keep checking on a daily basis for our May 22 flights.

I have pros and cons for each plane… A332, A333, 787 or hopefully the A350 leisure.

Having never been in UC I am sure all will be great but with 2 little ones I want to make sure we have the right seats.
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you…. I keep checking on a daily basis for our May 22 flights.

I have pros and cons for each plane… A332, A333, 787 or hopefully the A350 leisure.

Having never been in UC I am sure all will be great but with 2 little ones I want to make sure we have the right seats.
Me too, was quite happy with the ‘love seats’ for me and the kids. I wonder what we’ll get?
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Me too, was quite happy with the ‘love seats’ for me and the kids. I wonder what we’ll get?
Exactly this…. DS and I would have the love seats whilst DW and 2DS would have the secluded window seat.

I would request a bassinet seat if in the A333 or 787 if / when changed. May be good?

Otherwise the A350 leisure would be great and would have 2 middle and 1 window. Eldest DS I am sure will be fine for take off and landing and I could be with him in the middle seats with divider down.
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Exactly this…. DS and I would have the love seats whilst DW and 2DS would have the secluded window seat.

I would request a bassinet seat if in the A333 or 787 if / when changed. May be good?

Otherwise the A350 leisure would be great and would have 2 middle and 1 window. Eldest DS I am sure will be fine for take off and landing and I could be with him in the middle seats with divider down.
Would Manchester get the a350s? Aren’t they the new ones? the man to mco route usually gets what’s left doesn’t it?
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Would Manchester get the a350s? Aren’t they the new ones? the man to mco route usually gets what’s left doesn’t it?
Pre COVID they said they would go on the Orlando leisure route from London and Manchester.

But whether COVID has changed this.

When all 350s are in service I expect 2 from London, 2 from Manchester shared with GLW / EDI and I guess the other on a Caribbean route?

With only 2 in service by May (as I understand it) then I don’t think Manchester will have any.
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

Orlando usually needs the higher capacity, so it isn’t necessarily about newer aircraft, it’s about what holds the most seats.
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by Northwich View Post
Orlando usually needs the higher capacity, so it isn’t necessarily about newer aircraft, it’s about what holds the most seats.
Do you know which plane would give them the higher capacity?
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

Do you know which plane would give them the higher capacity?
For S22 it will be the new leisure A350.
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I wonder how long it will be before they update the system. I am flying August although no idea what plane we will be on now.