Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

New virgin ship and cruises

Has anyone else booked on the virgin staycation cruises?

3 days from Portsmouth. The ship looks very different indeed. I think it will either be brilliant or just weird, but will be able to tell you all after my august trip.

No kids allowed. Can’t wait 😝
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

I'll really look forward to what you think. I saw some of the blogs from the launch and was not impressed with the cabins in particular, and the size of the pool, but I believe they took some of the criticism onboard and made some changes.

Regardless, it looks like a really interesting concept, very different to other cruise lines out there.

Enjoy!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I’m also interested in what you think. Personally I was put off by the sofa bed arrangement, I like a mid afternoon nap on holiday. Plus the buffet area looked like a shopping centre food court.
Apparently a cruise ship for people who think cruising isn’t for them so looking forward to the reviews, I think the service will be excellent.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
I’m also interested in what you think. Personally I was put off by the sofa bed arrangement, I like a mid afternoon nap on holiday. Plus the buffet area looked like a shopping centre food court.
Apparently a cruise ship for people who think cruising isn’t for them so looking forward to the reviews, I think the service will be excellent.
Yeah the cabins look like IKEA showrooms.

I read that you can request the bed to be made and left in situ, which is what we want. What a faff for the cabin attendants.

I can’t wait to sit in the hammock on the balcony’s, then get a tattoo from the on board parlour. One is those is a lie, can you guess which one 🤣
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Yeah the cabins look like IKEA showrooms.

I read that you can request the bed to be made and left in situ, which is what we want. What a faff for the cabin attendants.

I can’t wait to sit in the hammock on the balcony’s, then get a tattoo from the on board parlour. One is those is a lie, can you guess which one 🤣
what tattoo you getting

The hammocks do look great, I would like other cruise ships to offer that even at a pre booked cost.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
what tattoo you getting

The hammocks do look great, I would like other cruise ships to offer that even at a pre booked cost.
They’ve got a good ‘bar bill offer’ where you spend $300 and they give you $100 so will probably do that.

Tattoo…..hmmmm not decided yet! Maybe a big virgin symbol.
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Tattoo…..hmmmm not decided yet! Maybe a big virgin symbol.
You'll be reported to the ASA for false advertising if you get that
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
You'll be reported to the ASA for false advertising if you get that
How dare you 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

We're booked on one too (August 9th I think it is). I'm looking forward to it but don't think it would be for us (2 40 year olds and 2 over 65 lol). We are doing it for a laugh and a change of scenery. My dad is already claiming hes having all day breakfast for every meal as he read somewhere that the food court offers that!
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
I was hoping to book but won’t be vaccinated in time to try the staycation.
my dad has actually won a free sailing from Miami for next year but I think it’s fair to say he’s not the target audience being a 62yo Yorkshire man
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List