Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Hi just got off Liverpool today. They were keeping people on and doing tests onboard before letting them wander again.
I’ve messaged one of our cruise group to ask if they had to do online check in and prentice twice and will see what they say.
You are all going to love it. We had the best time. Back on in Newcastle in Sept-can’t wait 😎
It's all very confusing at the moment! Hopefully once the Dibbers start doing back to backs we'll get detailed accounts. Good news is it definitely seems like we can stay on 😀
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Second check in went ok this morning. Booked Dreams and Oceaneer's for DS12 before doing the main check in. The passport photos seemed to upload fine but the selfie photos took two or three attempts for each of us.

Got a 1pm PAT/Group 4 which I'm assuming doesn't really matter as we're already there anyway. Now both my bookings say pending.

I'm really hoping we get allocated different dining rooms for each booking, rather than the same 2, so that we get to try all three in the evening. I assume we won't be told where until we're there. We've also got the later dining but we only booked the other day so was guessing that would happen.

I'm also booked on a GTY VGT rate so I'm wondering when the rooms will be allocated. I had a look on YouTube before I booked and I don't think a restricted view will really bother me as long as I can get some fresh air (worried about sea sickness as never been on a cruise ship). There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of restricted view rooms on the Magic that they could be either from what I can tell?

I've also phoned up and linked my two back to back bookings and totally understand that it's unlikely I'll get the same room without either some luck or pixie dust.

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Violet's Mum View Post
Second check in went ok this morning. Booked Dreams and Oceaneer's for DS12 before doing the main check in. The passport photos seemed to upload fine but the selfie photos took two or three attempts for each of us.

Got a 1pm PAT/Group 4 which I'm assuming doesn't really matter as we're already there anyway. Now both my bookings say pending.

I'm really hoping we get allocated different dining rooms for each booking, rather than the same 2, so that we get to try all three in the evening. I assume we won't be told where until we're there. We've also got the later dining but we only booked the other day so was guessing that would happen.

I'm also booked on a GTY VGT rate so I'm wondering when the rooms will be allocated. I had a look on YouTube before I booked and I don't think a restricted view will really bother me as long as I can get some fresh air (worried about sea sickness as never been on a cruise ship). There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of restricted view rooms on the Magic that they could be either from what I can tell?

I've also phoned up and linked my two back to back bookings and totally understand that it's unlikely I'll get the same room without either some luck or pixie dust.
If you don’t get a different dining rotation, I would speak to guest services and ask for it to be swapped so you can try all three. I think that’s a perfectly reasonable request.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
If you don’t get a different dining rotation, I would speak to guest services and ask for it to be swapped so you can try all three. I think that’s a perfectly reasonable request.
That’s a good idea - thank you.

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Violet's Mum View Post

I've selected the early dining for one cruise and the late for the other. Hoping that way I get to try the different options.

Just casually checked in at lunchtime - I got an earlier PAT time than I did at just after 5am for the other cruise! That busts the myth completely 😂

Edited at 12:29 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Having just returned from the 3 night cruise from Liverpool our server was saying that on the current 2 night cruise only Rapunzel Royal Table and Luminaire would be open for dinner and Animators Palette would only open for breakfast.
Old 19 Jul 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Following as we are hoping to get a verandah gty for 18-20th as already booked on the 16-18th. B2B sounds like a fun idea that we haven’t done before. I have my fingers and toes crossed that one pops up because DH is only going to go for it at gty price 😁
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Having just returned from the 3 night cruise from Liverpool our server was saying that on the current 2 night cruise only Rapunzel Royal Table and Luminaire would be open for dinner and Animators Palette would only open for breakfast.
It will depend on the rotation I would imagine. In the 2 night test cruises, it was Animator's Pallette and Rapunzel's for dinner, and Lumiere's for breakfast. They cited this decision was made because Lumiere's is the more paid back restaurant whereas the other 2 have 'show' elements.
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
It will depend on the rotation I would imagine. In the 2 night test cruises, it was Animator's Pallette and Rapunzel's for dinner, and Lumiere's for breakfast. They cited this decision was made because Lumiere's is the more paid back restaurant whereas the other 2 have 'show' elements.
This makes sense but unless capacity is super low they need 3 rotations I would have thought unless they can get everyone into 2 restaurants.
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Right all booked in for 23rd August.
So now to do 27th.
Prenetics seem to not want me to upload anything again at this stage. Is that correct ? My vaccine record still seems to be on my profile so nothing to do? Is this lulling me into a false sense of security?
After I’ve done check in number two on Wednesday do I have to ring DCL manually to get the reservations linked? We are in the same room.
So just read earlier posts and I do have to upload info again but how?
I put in the new reservation details and my name and it doesn’t give me an option to create accounts again for the new reservation?
Oh I’ve just worked out how to do it!

Edited at 11:05 AM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List