Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I know someone who works on the Fantasy, and has done so for about four months now.

If they can be any help, drop me a line.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I know someone who works on the Fantasy, and has done so for about four months now.

If they can be any help, drop me a line.
Thank you for the message. If she's accepted I may well take you up on that! 👍😁
Old 10 Aug 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Thank you for the message. If she's accepted I may well take you up on that! 👍😁
Happy to help!

He's a thoroughly decent chap, and it might be nice to have a friendly (English) face on the first day in a new job!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Just a further update my dd had her 2nd interview and was offered a position with Disney Cruise line! She's over the moon! 😁

She has to go through a medical, criminal record check and the visa process before she will be offered a date to start! Looks to be the Fantasy but the new Wish was also discussed so there is a chance it might be that! I guess it depends how long the next steps take, but training is in Florida so she well get there before we are allowed in on holiday!

Thanks for this thread as she wouldn't have re-applied without it! She had applied earlier in the year, but as she wasn't 21 they said her application was shelved until she was! She wouldn't have chased it without this thread though! 😁
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
That’s great news for all the people heading off to Disney cruise. although I’m a bit gutted for my Katie who is desperate to get some relevant experience anywhere but just can’t seem to get her foot in the door.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
That’s great news for all the people heading off to Disney cruise. although I’m a bit gutted for my Katie who is desperate to get some relevant experience anywhere but just can’t seem to get her foot in the door.
I hope she gets a chance soon ☹. My dd hasn't been offered exactly what she wants to do as there are currently no roles. In her interview she was told they prefer to promote from within, and as soon as she is on board to state what she wants to do, and they will work with her?

Is there another position your dd could apply for and then work her way up to what she wants to do? I realise she is looking for a theatre technician role so not the same as my dd, but worth thinking about it? Wishing her all the best. Xx
Old 19 Aug 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
She would do the kids clubs. Or anything really. She has done 2 years at camp but it says they need 3. She would have done 3 or even 4 if not for covid.
I don’t know how strict the 3 years at camp rule is, but i think it’s thrown her when they arranged an interview snd then told her she didn’t have the required experience.

She is volunteering at a local puppet festival and trying to volunteer at theatres. But she has a full time job and they won’t let her go part time. It’s hard to quit a full time job for volunteer or casual work. So she feels a bit stuck.

Sorry. Went off on a bit of a tangent. But just feel for her.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
She would do the kids clubs. Or anything really. She has done 2 years at camp but it says they need 3. She would have done 3 or even 4 if not for covid.
I don’t know how strict the 3 years at camp rule is, but i think it’s thrown her when they arranged an interview snd then told her she didn’t have the required experience.

She is volunteering at a local puppet festival and trying to volunteer at theatres. But she has a full time job and they won’t let her go part time. It’s hard to quit a full time job for volunteer or casual work. So she feels a bit stuck.

Sorry. Went off on a bit of a tangent. But just feel for her.
Its so hard to see them upset and not doing what they really want to ☹. My dd was meant to be in Florida on the CRP which was cancelled because of Covid.

The cruise line did say to dd that they are currently offering roles to furlough staff, but they expect more roles to open up over the coming months? My dd worked for a Disney Store which has just been closed, so I definitely think that helped her. She also emailed the guy who replied to her original application earlier in the year asking when she was 21, asking if she could now apply again? He said he liked that she was keen? Might be a thought to message them again?

Can she add anymore youth activity/volunteering from university to make more hours up?

I know they need merchandise assistants onboard, (but my dd has that experience because of Disney?), your dd might not?
Old 20 Aug 21, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
She doesn’t have retail experience. She did work in an ice cream stall for a number of years, then at camp snd now she works for a stonemason designing headstones which is not really a skill Disney are looking for! But does use her art and design skills.

I’m sure she will find her way but she’s chosen a tricky career path snd covid has added an extra layer of complexity.
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Update, Kts contract has just been sent and she's due to start on 20th Sept if all her paperwork is sorted in the next week. Vaccination status, DBS and visas all need to be forwarded and then she will be on the Wonder cruises from San Diego, Galvaston disembarking in New Orleans. She will be away for Christmas so any ideas for gifts would be appreciated and if anyone's over that way, could you please say hi as she'd be made up.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List