Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I've just checked on my account like Smilesonfaces suggested, and lo and behold our cabin number is there. Its cabin 5487. So Andrea is happier now. She wants to know when she can book to get her nails and hair done. (she recovered quickly)

What information should I be waiting for from P&O by email now?
That sounds great will be lovely to be close to the sea especially if there are dolphins.

I’m sure you’ve been a bit bombarded with emails from P&O regarding what to expect onboard, vaccines and embarkation times.
You will get an email which is the health declaration, a couple of days before sailing, you need to answer that and send back,(online) they then email you a confirmation, we printed ours, but can’t remember if they said you should do that.
You will be asked those same questions at the terminal,just to check the situation is still the same.

It all felt a bit overwhelming before we sailed, but seriously, turn up with your passport, vaccine proof from the NHS app, details of your travel Insurance, they did ask to see ours, but only checked the certificate of insurance that showed the dates it was valid for. Together with your e-ticket and they will guide you through everything once you are there.

It will be great.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just come up with a couple of questions about our upcoming cruise (again)

I've done all the online Check-in, E-Tickets and Labels. I noticed that Andrea has her name on the tickets as Andrea Margaret, but on her passport, its Margaret Andrea. Will this cause any problems. I know when we fly to Orlando, the names have to match on the airline tickets with the name on the passport.

The second question is, our arrival time is 15.45. If we have to leave the Premier Inn Hotel at 10am, can we drop our cases off at the Terminal early? We don't really want to be dragging cases around Southampton for a few hours.

If not, any suggestions about the luggage would be great.
Thanks
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I've just come up with a couple of questions about our upcoming cruise (again)

I've done all the online Check-in, E-Tickets and Labels. I noticed that Andrea has her name on the tickets as Andrea Margaret, but on her passport, its Margaret Andrea. Will this cause any problems. I know when we fly to Orlando, the names have to match on the airline tickets with the name on the passport.

The second question is, our arrival time is 15.45. If we have to leave the Premier Inn Hotel at 10am, can we drop our cases off at the Terminal early? We don't really want to be dragging cases around Southampton for a few hours.

If not, any suggestions about the luggage would be great.
Thanks
James
Hi James
So I assume Andreas official name is Margaret Andrea as that is what is on her passport, so travel Insurance and NHS app for vaccination proof all show Margaret Andrea? In which case that is the name that should be on her e ticket.

Historically it has been possible to drop off luggage at the port and then return for later embarkation. However, I don’t know if that is as easy at the moment. Also P&O don’t open luggage handling until 11am.

I would check with Premier Inn if they have left luggage facilities, and if so head out around Southampton after breakfast then take a taxi to the port from the Premier Inn when it is time to board.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Hi James
So I assume Andreas official name is Margaret Andrea as that is what is on her passport, so travel Insurance and NHS app for vaccination proof all show Margaret Andrea? In which case that is the name that should be on her e ticket.

Historically it has been possible to drop off luggage at the port and then return for later embarkation. However, I don’t know if that is as easy at the moment. Also P&O don’t open luggage handling until 11am.

I would check with Premier Inn if they have left luggage facilities, and if so head out around Southampton after breakfast then take a taxi to the port from the Premier Inn when it is time to board.
Hi Pinkbelle. Thanks for your reply.
Andreas official name on her passport is Margaret Andrea, but she never uses her middle name.

Her name on the Travel Insurance Certificate is Andrea, (no middle name) and the confirmation letter from NHS showing her vaccines is Andrea as well. Her E-Ticket shows just Andrea also. So we were just wondering if P&O would have a problem with it, or am I just worrying for nothing.

As regards the luggage, I will try and phone Premier Inn tomorrow and see if we can leave our luggage. I have a feeling that you can't get through to the actual hotel though, only a call centre.
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Hi Pinkbelle. Thanks for your reply.
Andreas official name on her passport is Margaret Andrea, but she never uses her middle name.

Her name on the Travel Insurance Certificate is Andrea, (no middle name) and the confirmation letter from NHS showing her vaccines is Andrea as well. Her E-Ticket shows just Andrea also. So we were just wondering if P&O would have a problem with it, or am I just worrying for nothing.

As regards the luggage, I will try and phone Premier Inn tomorrow and see if we can leave our luggage. I have a feeling that you can't get through to the actual hotel though, only a call centre.
James
To be honest my understanding is your passport, tickets and in this case vaccination proof must be the same. I guess you could argue this is just the the omission of a given name, rather than a different name. You would then be relying on staff discretion.

However, personally I would have an issue with this as the photo I.D of your wife shows her, but the documentary proof of vaccine can’t be linked to that name, there could be a Margaret Andrea and an Andrea within your immediate family, it’s not proof that the person travelling is the person with the passport.

I think you need to speak to P&O.
Old 22 Aug 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

To be honest my understanding is your passport, tickets and in this case vaccination proof must be the same. I guess you could argue this is just the the omission of a given name, rather than a different name. You would then be relying on staff discretion.

However, personally I would have an issue with this as the photo I.D of your wife shows her, but the documentary proof of vaccine can’t be linked to that name, there could be a Margaret Andrea and an Andrea within your immediate family, it’s not proof that the person travelling is the person with the passport.

I think you need to speak to P&O.
Thanks your reply. You are probably right. With my luck I'd get the "Jobs worth" one at the port. I'll get on the phone to P&O in the morning.
Old 22 Aug 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Good luck with that, try as they open
Old 22 Aug 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Good luck with that, try as they open
I will. I'll be on the phone at 8am. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 28 Aug 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Well, I have an update on the name problem. I eventually got through to P&O after an hour. I explained to the agent about the name on the passport. He said that the name on the E-Ticket, Boarding card, Travel Insurance and NHS Covid confirmation letter had to match what was on the Passport. He changed everything on the P&O side to match the name, but said I would need to contact my Insurance company for them to change the name on the policy, and also to call 119 and ask them to change the name and send a new letter.

This all seemed straightforward. The change from P&O took 24 hours, but we have now re-printed our E-tickets and Boarding passes.

I phoned the Insurance company and they were great. They changed the name while I was on the phone and emailed the new documents instantly.

I started to think, this seems to be way too easy, and I was right.

The problems began when I called 119. I explained all about the name and the lady said, that's no problem, they can send a new confirmation letter. However, they could not change anything from their end, I would need to go to our surgery and ask them to do it. Once that was done, I could call back and they would send the letter.

I duly went to the surgery, and tried to get passed the receptionist to see my doctor. Unfortunately its harder to get passed these receptionists than it is to get into Florida at the moment.

Anyway she said she could change the name on their system, so I said that's fine. Back to calling 119, and was told that it can take 5-7 days for them to receive the change of name notification and then another 7-10 days to get the letter.

Back to the surgery and explained what I had been told. She said that it should go through instantly and doesn't understand the problem. She said she would print a statement of Andreas Vaccines. When she have me them, I thanked her but said all she had printed was a list of vaccinations from 1992. There was no official heading on the paper to say it was from a doctors surgery. I explained to her that I could have printed a better one at home and I didn't think P&O would accept it. She said I could use the NHS app which Andrea has on her phone, but I explained that neither myself or Andrea knew how to use these apps. All we use it for is to check when our prescriptions are due.

I left then and went home thinking that our cruise was very quickly slipping away. This was on Monday. On Tuesday I decided to try P&O again. I got a really nice lady called Alice who said that she would talk me through printing Andreas Covid Vaccine record from the Government website.

She explained everything and within 5 minutes, I had PDF copies of her Vaccine record, complete with Bar Codes and QR codes. She really was very helpful.

My problem with all this is, why did the receptionist or the 119 operator no tell me that they could be downloaded and printed from the website.

Anyway, we are all sorted now and looking forward to a relaxing week.

To anyone who is reading this, Please Please make sure all your documents math up when it comes to the names. P&O are very strict about it.

Sorry for the long post.
James
Old 28 Aug 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Well Done for getting it sorted James, and well done to P&O their customer service, is getting bad press at the moment but they have been excellent with your situation.