Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 24 Aug 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Christmas gift shop for school

I need some inspiration for a Christmas gift shop I run every year for the children In the primary school I work in, to come buy a gift for a family member.
Previously we have sold mason jars with sweets that I’ve decorated and labelled such as chic covered raisins for reindeer poo, a jar of humbugs with bah humbug etc..we’ve had socks, gloves, earrings, Christmas necklaces etc.
I charge £3 per gift and this includes gift wrapping and a label.

This year I sent out a questionnaire to the parents just to gauge interest and to check it was still a popular event, which it is and it received very positive feedback.

The parents have said about maybe a change of gift ideas as we have done the same for the last few years.

As this is fundraising for our school I try to spend no more than £1 per gift where possible.

So...if you’ve stuck with me so far well done... I need some ideas...the parents specifically said no jars, no key rings and no socks!
Yes to chocolate

I’ve thought so far:

Nail varnish and emery file wrapped with a “mistletoes” label
Christmas earrings
Winter house Tea light holders, wrapped In cello( these are on offer in hobby craft for a set of three)
Bath bomb set

Hot chocolate Spoon stirrers, wrapped ( I can make these)
Chocolate or sweet filled baubles
A reindeer wooden tree hanger with a space for a lindor chocolate for his nose

Any other ideas, especially for men, gratefully received

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
I need some inspiration for a Christmas gift shop I run every year for the children In the primary school I work in, to come buy a gift for a family member.
Previously we have sold mason jars with sweets that I’ve decorated and labelled such as chic covered raisins for reindeer poo, a jar of humbugs with bah humbug etc..we’ve had socks, gloves, earrings, Christmas necklaces etc.
I charge £3 per gift and this includes gift wrapping and a label.

This year I sent out a questionnaire to the parents just to gauge interest and to check it was still a popular event, which it is and it received very positive feedback.

The parents have said about maybe a change of gift ideas as we have done the same for the last few years.

As this is fundraising for our school I try to spend no more than £1 per gift where possible.

So...if you’ve stuck with me so far well done... I need some ideas...the parents specifically said no jars, no key rings and no socks!
Yes to chocolate

I’ve thought so far:

Nail varnish and emery file wrapped with a “mistletoes” label
Christmas earrings
Winter house Tea light holders, wrapped In cello( these are on offer in hobby craft for a set of three)
Bath bomb set

Hot chocolate Spoon stirrers, wrapped ( I can make these)
Chocolate or sweet filled baubles
A reindeer wooden tree hanger with a space for a lindor chocolate for his nose

Any other ideas, especially for men, gratefully received
Those ideas are absolutely fantastic! The school is extremely lucky to have you !
Its so difficult for men 😤 I must say that my husband would love the reindeer with a lindor chocolate nose 👍🏻 Do would both my boy!
I am not much help in the idea department though 😬😬
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

At our school Xmas fair I've seen a few...

santa sleighs made from a small pile of chocolate bars with candy cane runners and a hollow choc santa

Lollipops made from chocolate in a santa/reindeer/snowman/tree shaped moulds.

Hot chocolate bombes... chocolate ball with marshmallows inside to put in milk (my dh loved these)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Thank you both. Hot chocolate bombs would go down well I think

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Might not be a route you want to go down but an alternative idea which takes the emphasis off you sourcing all the gifts…
Our primary school runs mothers and Father’s Day gift stalls as a fund raiser which could be reapplied to Christmas…
Each child was asked to bring in an inexpensive gift for Mam/dad (usually £1-2) these tended to range from chocolate to smellies, a £1 mug filled with sweets, pens, sometimes a regifting of unwanted presents.
The teachers then run a stall where all presents cost 50p and children were chosen by random in which order they came up with their 50p coin to choose a present.
The kids absolutely loved the fact they could choose something all by themselves and there was a bit of excitement for them hoping what they wanted was still there when they were invited up. It was also interesting as a parent to see what your child thought you would like (usually a small teddy with best mum or something similar).
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we did a similar thing at ds school but had £1.50 £3 or £5 gifts so something for all budgets.

some of the popular items were
snowman soup either on its own or paired with a mug
reindeer/elf/grinch poop
pots of gold
candy sleighs
bags of dog biscuits
photo frames - esp if you added a photo of the child
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Christmas socks, photo frames or mugs. Can often get some nice ones for £1 -£1.50. I did a Christmas stall a few years ago for school. Went to BM, Poundland, Wilko, Hobbycraft.
People were ok paying a bit more than the face value as money was for the school and it saved them hunting things down in the shop.

We also do a secrets room where the children can pick a present for their parents/ grandparents we ask everyone to donate an item then sell the items to the kids for 2-3 pounds.