Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Sep 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Last year I had two calendars a yankee candle one which was great and a gin calendar.

I've had the beauty ones before and loved them but decided to try something different.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I have bought a Dove Advent calendar for £4.99 from Home Bargains, it has handy travel size bits and pieces
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I’ve ordered the one from look fantastic. I love their wee monthly subscription boxes. Never had such an extravagant advent calendar before - exciting!
Ds had a funko pop one the last couple of years but don’t know what to get him this year and Dh wants a cheese one!
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I’ve ordered the one from look fantastic. I love their wee monthly subscription boxes. Never had such an extravagant advent calendar before - exciting!
Ds had a funko pop one the last couple of years but don’t know what to get him this year and Dh wants a cheese one!
I loved last years Look Fantastic advent calendar. I have drawers and drawers of beauty products so wasn’t going to have one last year but my parents got my one for my November birthday. There was a full size Elemis night cream and a full size ESPA day cream, they’re both beautiful. I can’t bring myself to spend £99 on a face cream so I’m using the Elemis one very sparingly now.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Dd had the look fantastic one before and it was really good value the last few have had very similar contents so she hasn’t bothered and went with the glossy box one instead.
She not sure what to do this year as the glossy box one has gone up to £85 for subscribers the contents are worth it but it’s a lot of money

Smyths have a fidget toy advent Calendar
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

We've not had a candle before and looking at the AG website, we clearly really need one! Do you get the fat or the skinny ones Elsagloves?

We have had the cheese ones a few times from Asda but the cheese's were a bit repetitive and if you didn't like one, you knew it was coming back up!
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
We've not had a candle before and looking at the AG website, we clearly really need one! Do you get the fat or the skinny ones Elsagloves?

We have had the cheese ones a few times from Asda but the cheese's were a bit repetitive and if you didn't like one, you knew it was coming back up!
I just get the thin version as it takes a good 15 minutes to burn each day and the thicker one would probably take way too long. Plus the thin version fits in my candlestick holders
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We just get chocolate calendars, i know once i start getting the kids a dearer one I'll be trapped!

We got a candle one year and it didn't go well, we kept forgetting to blow it out and would burn days 🙈🤣
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I’ve ordered one from a company called Waterdrop. It contains little micro drink drops that you add to your water bottle, it also includes lots of other goodies. I’m a member of their club so also get points for buying this, which add to getting free items from them. It’s my treat for not getting on holiday

Helps me drink more water instead of fizzy pop!

Will pop to the Lindor shop in town and get one that you pick your own chocolates for my mum. Not sure what to get for my husband yet.

I do have a old M&S calendar that we sometimes refill, we have alternative days up till when my mum comes to ours for Christmas then she has the last few days.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020

Edited at 10:36 AM.
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
So I’ve decided to keep it simple this year and we are only having chocolate calendars for the kids and an advent candle for the family.

Last year was the first year we’ve had an advent candle and it was such a lovely thing to do. Every night at dinner or just afterwards we would light the advent candle and chat about something that had gone well that day, or something we were grateful for, or looking forward to. Only lasted a few minutes and then we would keep the candle going in the living room till the day had burned through.
So tonight I literally just ordered this year’s candle (Alison gardiner if anyone is interested, and they are half the price on her own website than the likes of Amazon). Gone for a wise men theme to keep it traditional
They look lovely! I've just ordered 5! Now to hunt out a candlestick.

I'm a traditionalist so always have an advent candle, my stick broke last year.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List